2007 - New Spy Pic!

I know guys! Wow, huh? I think that this photo is pretty much proof-positive that this new sled will finally fill the gap for a killer ditch banger from Yamaha. Not that the Nytro or Apex RTX aren't already decent but, c'mon. We've been begging for something that tromps the competition in the rough stuff. We've been begging to see Yamaha compete again in snocross. One look at the front suspension on that sucker and you hear it screaming: "JUMP ME!" I can't wait to see what the whole sled will look like. With a front end like that, the rear is gotta be totally sick! I'm giddy with excitement for the official unveiling. In the meantime, let's keep the spy pics coming. There has to be some more out there somewhere. :)

Based on the clues we've seen so far I'm pretty impressed. We've got the nose, seen the bars from the vid and seen the tail/seat. Bout' all that leaves is the tunnel/track suspension configuration and whatever in the hell is powering this thing. I don't see anything entry level about it based on the front suspension layout other than the fact that this pic clearly shows the lack of Floats or ressy style shocks. Spindles look way to advanced for a Freestyle type machine, but with Yammy, who knows? If it IS a REV fighter I can only hope there is enough juice under the hood. 80-100 horse would be great for a 100% ditch jump toy, but I fear that most would rather be in at least 115-120 range to compete directly with say a 600HO REV. I would gladly take REV level suspension, but this boy aint' giving up his 150 horses for 80. Maybe two levels of power will be available, although I still find it hard to think they will go forced induction from the factory and be able to keep the price in check. At this point if it is entry level I feel many will be disapointed. Yammy needs an entry level sled, but they need a real ditch banger too. Are two new sleds too much to wish for?

Come on Feb 13th. :yam:

80hp stock and 125 ish forced air??
I think Jimmy just got a Mountain Vector with a super charger ( from yamaha )

Just because "aftermarket" superchargers cost alot doesn't mean it would cost Yamaha alot to put them on sleds from the factory. Superchargers are pretty simple devices with very few moving parts and probibly would cost yamaha about 200-300$ each to manufacture them.

i think what you have there is gonna be in the 120-140 hp range.... (i hope).... im guessing it will be rs engine w/efi.... (hopefully this is the nytro and rage replacement)

i think their entry level sled will be in the rs chassis with 100 hp 4stroke....

just another week and we will see.....

03viperguy said:
honestly, I wouldnt buy that ugly thing lol! looks goofy as hell, not much of a sled. maybe I am getting too old at the ripe age of 24 (25 this march 2)

I agree, the new model doesn't impress me, I'm just not into the sno-x wannabe sleds.

Exciter570 said:
I agree, the new model doesn't impress me, I'm just not into the sno-x wannabe sleds.

wow, I am NOT the only one that doesnt care at all about riding ditches lol! guess thats why my viper is fine and you are happy with a max 800 ;)

I personally think that thing looks badass! How cool is that, how much of travel is that!?! Only thing that i dont like is the one big headlight. It kinda looks like a small RTX/ Crossfire.

that thing is the answer for a new yamie in the trails ride. they rarely get gromed and are usaly shot within a day. the more suspenton teh better around my way any way. that thing looks like it might be my new sled if not next year soon.

qoute from jimmyblaze on snowest:
Well this last tuesday i just landed a flip on it after only riding it for 30 minutes total the sled isnt wat everyone thinks (snocross)its a play fun sled for everyone especially me keep watching www.jimmyblaze.com some one might post a spy shot of the sled

I said a few weeks ago on this site, that it'll be 4 stroke similiar to sno-scoot. It'll be small so it can have great acceleration (i.e. less weight), plus it'll be very easy to turn, jump, flip, etc. I said this before I even seen any pics.

You don't need big sleds these days, unless you're powder riding, making your own trails or taking the family for a run. The majority of people ride single seat sleds on packed trails. A small, quick, agile, small track sled is perfect for trail riding. Single sleds these days are too damn big and heavy.

All this said, I'd don't know how they'll make a smaller sled with a 4 stroke engine.

Here's what I would do. Put the engine directly under the driver and shorten the track (yes, smaller than a 121), but make the track wider to compensate for the loss in length. The wider track will give the sled more stability, a good footprint, plus allow it to corner better since the sled will be shorter in length.

Now if I could just speak Japanese for a engineering job at Yamaha, lol.

Roger.

twomorestrokes said:
Cool! Engine must be set back sort of under the rider? Front suspension is right up there in harm's way though.

yes, but take a good look at an rs sled.... there is really nothing up in front of the suspension on a vector, just that little cubby of a storage space... and if you look close at the spy pic behingd the gront suspension, you will see the similar circle in the bellypan as the rs sleds.... i think the engine will be a rs motor w efi..... probably in the 135-140 hp area..... as my quick photoshop experiment shows, it would darn near fit under a vector/nytro hood..... that snocross sled, remember the pics there, just a slightly humped nytro hood..... hmmmmm i think we have a winner.......

and yes that front is kinda out there.... but looks b a d a s s.......

one more week......

look at the headlight, if you look back to the spy pic, it seems to have at least two bulbs...

Attachments

• Yam07SpyPict.jpg
    Yam07SpyPict.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 18
  • yamispypic1.jpg
    yamispypic1.jpg
    332 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
looks like a skidoo rev!!!!!!!! oh no!!!

JLSXR700 said:
In the latest issue of the Minnesota Snowmobiling magazine (a free magazine for all members of the Minnesota United Snowmobilers Association, or MnUSA), there's an article and a new spy photo of the new 2007 Yamaha.

Here's the text of the article:

SPY PHOTO PHONED IN FROM UNDISCLOSED LOCATION IN JANUARY
NEW YAMAHA POPS OUT FOR A SURPRISE EARLY 2007 PEEK-A-B00

This picture sent in by one of our trusty SNOWPOD fans just as this issue was getting ready to go to press purports to reveal the first-ever glimpse of an all-new Yamaha model slated for introduction very soon.

Not much is visible from this distant and fuzzy camera phone shot, but judicious use of the magnifying glass and the computer image sharpening in the lavishly-equipped MnSnow photolab has revealed the snowmobile pictured most certainly has a wishbone ski suspension with very tall shock towers and extruded spindles ala REV.

Close examination of the photo reveals side panels molded to closely hug the components underneath in a kind of 'shrinkwrap' style and the truncated front bumper appears to double as an upward-facing grab handle. Analyzing the limited proportions revealed in the piucture, we can surmise the new machine features a version of driver forward architecture.

Much beyond these few details can be gleaned from this early spy shot, but our correspondent was able to discover the sled will be on display for Yamaha dealers in Minnesota on the evening of February 13 at a downtown Minneapolis location we were able to learn is the Downtown Hilton.

Yamaha has introduced a new model line every year since the appearance of the first RX-1 4-stroke in 2003 and it looks from here like 2007 will be another year of new design from the resurgent sledmaker.
:die: :die: :die:

onlyblue said:
yes, but take a good look at an rs sled.... there is really nothing up in front of the suspension on a vector, just that little cubby of a storage space... and if you look close at the spy pic behingd the gront suspension, you will see the similar circle in the bellypan as the rs sleds.... i think the engine will be a rs motor w efi..... probably in the 135-140 hp area..... as my quick photoshop experiment shows, it would darn near fit under a vector/nytro hood..... that snocross sled, remember the pics there, just a slightly humped nytro hood..... hmmmmm i think we have a winner.......

and yes that front is kinda out there.... but looks b a d a s s.......

one more week......

look at the headlight, if you look back to the spy pic, it seems to have at least two bulbs...

I think you're on to something there. ;)!

Very good question, NB-Viper. I never noticed before that the top of the trailer door isn't parallel to the top of the trailer. That's fishy. I'll recheck the actual photo in the magazine and confirm this was in the original photo. I'll let you guys know what I see there.

NOT!
the trailer in the picture has a wedge nose and also tapers the top down.
look at the roof line and the trim, the door is still square on top!

Back