1990 Exciter Transformation ! ! !

srv540 said:
Hey chuck i plan to do the same on a phazer i got last season for $200, i put in a arc suspension with the upgraded AD boivin springs and plan to widen and get a set of vmax struts on there, for now i have gained another inch from the stock struts, i found a set of used 600 struts but the guy wants $200 for them kinda high i thing so i will keep looking! sled is almost done just gotta throw a few bearings in the idlers nd she is ready for the snow, also have vmax 600 carbs on it with oil injection still functioning.

whcnww.jpg

What skis are those? and How much did you have to modify them to fit? I'm looking for some skis for my 90 Phazer II and found a pair of saddleless skis from a 07 Phazer and was wondering if they would fit.

Update

So, here is the latest update.

I made my own rear-end drop brackets, and they look/feel pretty solid
IMG_1323.jpg

Here is how far I dropped the front, and brought it forward slightly.
IMG_1321.jpg

Here is the underside view of the front drop bracket, it shows the old holes and the new holes.
IMG_1303.jpg

Here is what the sled looks like raised on the drop brackets,
IMG_1319.jpg

Here is the width of my skiis (someone on here wanted to see that)
IMG_1331.jpg

Here are the spacers used to fit these skiis,
IMG_1315.jpg

Compressed strut height
IMG_1329.jpg

Uncompressed strut height
IMG_1313.jpg

On top of all that, I determined that my track is toast, so I ordered a new Camoplast Cobra 136x15x1.352.
54-9052.jpg

That means I have to extend my tunnel, move the rear rad further out, and extend my skid back 7.5 inches. (Since I'm only a 121)

And Finally, I added a fourth rear bogie to my setup, hopefully that helps my new track stay newer longer!?
IMG_1394.jpg

IMG_1393.jpg

I'll have pics of the track, and tunnel extension as soon as it's done!

Update!

Here are my home made rail extensions

64efdbbd.jpg

Here they are all welded up

df6b335f.jpg

Here is the suspension all put back together

26d9432f.jpg

Next is the tunnel extension! Stay tuned!

i solved that on my own, just waiting for my "mod" shockholders to arriwe and then it´s time to make the 40" front hybrid:)

prankster said:
i solved that on my own, just waiting for my "mod" shockholders to arriwe and then it´s time to make the 40" front hybrid:)

Just make sure you follow Chuck's guidlines on this forum. It helped me tremdously in getting it right the first time around. And PM me if you run into any issues - been there - done that. :)

Thank u stanage, i´ll do that:) Have´nt heard from the workshop about the shockholders yet. He said i should call him tomorrow to get a total. He will make new ones in his own design so it probably takes some time. My goal is to have it fully functional in the end of february

Hey Chuck,

Did you have to modify the clutching or gearing after you extended the rear end to a 133? If not, how do you make up for the loss in power/top end?

Back