SRX 1108 Race Sled Buildup

Dan did great with his 600 improver. Since it was his first weekend with it running hard, he had alot of tuning to do, and managed to run 128.0 with it, at the end of the day on Sunday, in mushy conditions. The winner in the class ran 130.9 in the morning, when the ice was hard and fast. I believe he would have won the class if he had a bit more time. He'll be on top next event for sure.

As for me, I'm still having issues, although it is much better. I ran a best of 149.1, but the sled is still laying down mid track. I was pretty well unable to run or tune it on Saturday due to rough conditions, so I really only had Sunday to work with it. Judging by the way it leaves, it'll have 60's in it for sure....I just have to figure out the laying down issue....it'll just take time.

Picked up a new Weather meter. :)

Kestrel 4250. Not cheap, but this baby meters everything. It's a must have for what we have coming :)

103044000000000.jpg

I looked at them before. I would still go with the VDO over the EGT. The VDO can easily be calibrated to run on anything. I am not sure about the EGT tach.

I ran an Autometer tach before, and the tach was out, and the only way to calibrate it was to send it back to Autometer. I just ended up getting rid of it. I don't recommend them.

Good luck with the vdo. I have one that works fine and another that is newer that the needle fell off. The egt's are spot on at least the ones I have seen.

The Kestrel 4250 arrived today. What a great tool.

This thing does everything. It measures:

-Temperature
-Dew Point
-Moisture content
-Heat Index
-Wet Bulb temperature
-Humidity
-Wind Speed
-Pressure
-Altitude
-Air Density
-Density Altitude
-Relative Air Density

Here, we have terrible air.

DSCN3018.jpg

Yep, I heard. Whittaker is hosting an event on Sunday. I threw on a speed track and did some chassis work on the trail sled, so I'm planning on running this weekend with it. If the ice is as good as it was this past weekend, I figure I'll pull some good numbers.

I was also out on sunday and there was a 50' X 100' about a 100' off shore from the north west tip of blueberry island, scared the sh?t out of me!!!

Ryan

It's ok not a jet issue must be in carbs as i put a electric fuel pump and same problem runs out of fuel near 1500 to 2000ft mark

Back