SRX 1108 Race Sled Buildup

what about changing the bars? or modifying the ones you got. just make something like this, then you could roll them bck a little.

Attachments

• bars.bmp
    144.1 KB · Views: 173

Hey Ryan., Do the bars have too be straight?? Why not a slight bend like on an FZ1 motorcycle. Those bikes come with a riser block and the bar looks like it would work for you.

I like the look of the straight bars, and I want to keep them at 22" wide. I am just going to loosen off the allen bolts that hold on the brake lever assembly, and roll it up when I need to open the hood. No big deal.

Well, I fired up the sled today. Starts beautifully. Fires first pull with ease. It is LOUD. I only have two things left to do now. The first is to wire in my Racepak, which will take 5 minutes. The second is to have the trim rings built for my exhaust exit holes. I am having 6 rings built, 1/2" wide, to accent the exit holes for the pipes, instead of building a big bulky plate.

Here are the finished pics.

Attachments

• Picture 004b.jpg
    Picture 004b.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 88
  • Picture 003b.jpg
    Picture 003b.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 38
Got the Micro Belmont 3 tower primary in, along with the supertip weights. I'm not on the quest for some polaris springs. I knew I should have kept all of my old ones!

Attachments

• Picture 001b.jpg
    Picture 001b.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 30
Here's a pic of the finished plumbing. I decided to just plug off one of the coolant holes in the head and use only one of them. Damn those fittings are purty.

Attachments

• Picture 005b.jpg
    Picture 005b.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 74
Here's the trailer. 20' Continental Car Hauler. 8.5' wide. We're just about ready for the ice!

Attachments

• Picture 007b.jpg
    Picture 007b.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 23
Do as you want but you should plug off the top cooling line that goes into the tank and just run the coolant hose out off the head down to the front exchanger. The way it is plumbed now the coolant takes the path of least resistance and most of it comes out of the head and back to the tank. It does not go through the exchangers. I have a price 1000 srx and this is what I had to do to make it circulate properly and it takes less time to cool it off with my cool down cart. As I am only running the front exchanger.

Thanks tippmannator.

The bottle is still higher than the cylinder heads are, so it is not going to change the way the cooling system works. I do not own, nor am I going to use a cooldown cart, so the bottle is mounted up high so I can bleed the cooling system. Temperature shouldn't be an issue......it's a 2000' sled only.

It does not matter if the bottle is higher than the heads. Most of the coolant will go back to the bottle instead of circulating through the exchangers. You would be suprised how quickly the motor heats up plumbed like that.

Just and update for those who haven't seen it yet. The motor built 263.4hp and 150.0 ft. lbs of torque on the dyno at Iantomasi's.

The sheet. Pay no attention to the fuel numbers. His meter goes screwy with the CPC carbs for some reason.

Attachments

• dyno2.jpg
    dyno2.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 168
Latest addition...........Autometer 11,000 RPM memory tach. :) It's not in yet...hopefully by next weekend.

Attachments

• autometer.jpg
    autometer.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 13
Well, i was out to do some testing. I have not yet played with clutching and gearing, but it is not all that far off to begin with. I have only dialed in the CPC carbs for now. The motor was only revving 9050 rpm, which should be down around 248hp.

1000' run - 128.9 mph
1000' run - 129.2 mph

2000' run - 141.7 mph

The conditions were not the best. The track was a bit rough, and was only plowed ice. The wind was not in our favour either. It should pull some good numbers this year.

Carbonsled.com for lightweight suspension components. Looks good, I'd sure like to see some pics out in the daylight, like launching with the ski's in the air! Best. G.

valin said:
Well, i was out to do some testing. I have not yet played with clutching and gearing, but it is not all that far off to begin with. I have only dialed in the CPC carbs for now. The motor was only revving 9050 rpm, which should be down around 248hp.

1000' run - 128.9 mph
1000' run - 129.2 mph

2000' run - 141.7 mph

The conditions were not the best. The track was a bit rough, and was only plowed ice. The wind was not in our favour either. It should pull some good numbers this year.

Look's like it's going to be a good year,your not even dialed in yet.

Back