How many Canadian members on here? Who and where are you from?

Georgetown Ontario is home--- ride anywhere I can(Erin-Barrie-Muskoka-Parents cottage in Haliburton). Been YAMAHA faithful for decades/in the fleet we have a 1980 ET300,2000 Waverunner 1200R,2000 SRX,2002 SRX(work in progress),2007 GRIZZLY and one orphan 1986 Honda 250R. Work as a chiller technician with York/Johnson Controls.

Another Maritimer here from Moncton, NB... I'm a senior estimator / designer / project manager for a HVAC contractor. When I'm not on one runner I'm on one wheel... Have tuning forks running through my veins.. stable of toys include a '97 700 SX, '98 R1, 02 RS Warrior, '99 YZ400, and a PW 50

I live in Northern Alberta here. I just purchased my first Yamaha (a 1978 ET250) for my kids, specifically choosing this sled from my experience with the machine when I rode one as a teen. It's a great little starter sled.

I live in Oshawa Ontario been riding for about 16 years. I've owned a 85 XLV which was a handme down from my dad, then owned a 87 Exciter, 97 sx700, traded it in and now own a 02 Viper that I've had since new. I do most of my riding around home in the Ganaraska Forest, Haliburton area, and Huntsville area. I work at a trucking company and do everything from welding, maintance, painting,and heavy equipment. All the guys I ride with ride Yamahas. 3SRX's,1APEX,1SX700 and one other Viper. I live to go fast, this summer I'm going to add tripple pipes that I just bought from a fellow member, 136 kit, custom paint and maybe a port job. You can never really go fast enough.

welcome to on here jason.Our numbers are low from Canada.Thought there would be a lot more.Total members on TY is nearing 10,000 now.Where are all the canucks hiding.
:wel:

CHEERS, i am from Regina Saskatchewan, and love this sight, ask and you shall recieve when it comes to a tip or advice, i have a wife and 2 kids and at the start of the season i had 7 sleds,but i sold vintage 79 exciter 440 and 83 ss 440, my kids, are girls 8 and 11 and they ride 01 mm700's each, i ride 01 srx and my boondocker wife rides 06 crossfire 7. we "LOVE" sledding...

I live in yarmouth nova scotia. work in construction .have the apex gt ltx2008 love it .over 2000k so far this winter, trouble wheels, sliders ,track yes war not much good here lol ,no snow here have to travel most of the time to new brunswick lots there , happy sleding to all

Last edited:
i live in stpaul alberta i,m selfemployed heavy duty mechanic, class 1 driver owned 2 semitrucks over 8 year period , working out of my future farther inlaws shop as he,s heavy duty mechanic to. i.m presently building a 800 pro stock vmax4800for snow drags and ice got some issues with some people on that well lets just say i,m going to make a statement next winter about who builds the fastest 2 stroke sleds ever. seen some races this week end that convenced me that i know what i,m talking about, the vmax4 is going to be around for a long time to come on the race track cause i,m going to be at it kicking the new sleds just like i said they would i know that doo cat polaris does not build a pro stock sled that can produce 248 hp with out a turbo or nos gas, got a vmax60094 , 87 exciter with 14000km, 85 srv540,like new condition like camping at the lake on summer week ends do some fishing now off coarse some will say it can not be done and i,m here to say its allready been done and now i,m going to repeat it , so some of u might see me racing or here about it , so cheers to all of us Al Larson

Another maritimer here live in bathurst new brunswick own a 2002 viper mbrp can 125 ice ripper track work in sales for guillevin international electrical heating and plumbing wholesale would like to know if any of my fellow maritimers have any viper parts for sale would be a lot cheaper to ship than from the states ,oh by the way we have a ton of snow and more on the way this week.

progold said:
Another maritimer here live in bathurst new brunswick own a 2002 viper mbrp can 125 ice ripper track work in sales for guillevin international electrical heating and plumbing wholesale would like to know if any of my fellow maritimers have any viper parts for sale would be a lot cheaper to ship than from the states ,oh by the way we have a ton of snow and more on the way this week.

I'm planning a trip to Bathurst in June on the sleds! By the way it's going you guys will still have snow by then.. LOL

How much on the ground so far? 400" or something this season?

Im not sure of the total amount but we went to our anual danny burger run every march 1st i would recomend you check this out close to about 100 sleds at the time i was there anyway that was on saturday when we woke up sunday morning hello blizzard had to drive home in zero visability and they are calling for more snow this week.

bluemonster1 said:
welcome to on here jason.Our numbers are low from Canada.Thought there would be a lot more.Total members on TY is nearing 10,000 now.Where are all the canucks hiding.
:wel:

They are out ridin their sleds!
LOL.
Cheers,
Rick.

Rick.with the price of our gas now,do you think they are all out riding.It has been snowing out here all day,but I am to tired to go riding.I am trying to save my gas for the weekend only.The way my SRX eats gas,got to conserve for the weekend,and that is costing me easily $120 to 150 and there is the cost of oil on top of that.If I went riding everynight yet,I would need a second job to pay for the gas.Good thing I just ride short runs only.Don't do all day riding.A couple hours here,a couple hours there.Tax time is coming and I'll be owing money this time around,so got to watch my $$$$.When my mortgage is paid off by June,I will feel better to...lol.Then I can sell my house for $500,000.00 and retire.

west of sudbury, east of Espanola

...I work in instrumentation sales.

thinking about a 4 stroke and just lurking here for now. Always owned polaris. Had a phazer that I bought, rebuilt the engine complete, and sold. Currently helping a neighbor with his ET400 (1990) with a siezed engine for options.

Im from Yorkton Saskatchewan, ride a 2002 Viper very hard, work running heavy equipment for Ramco Paving all over Sk, and run a loader or cat crushing gravel in the winter for Russell Redi mix. I have 3 kids, 1 dog, and 1 wife. Owned Yamaha all my life and will ride nothing else. Have a great dealer here in Yorkton Schrader motors.

Back