Banshee build

As for plastics, I am still undecided. I am leaning towards running Fullbore plastics, which are a 1 piece front design. The lines are alot smoother than the oem plastic. I am undecided about colour so far.

Here's a pic of the fullbore plastics:

l_aa0436c6ce5ebd95f874732f4bb6ec20.jpg

Right on looks like the Fullbore plastics would be a great choice. As for the
colour it's always a hard one to pick. Black is always a nice pick and of course that Yamaha Blue is always very cool. Do you have a few that your leaning towards?

Last edited:
Lightning Strikes Rider said:
Right on looks like the Fullbore plastics would be a great choice. As for the
colour it's always a hard one to pick. Black is always a nice pick and of course that Yamaha Blue is always very cool. Do you have a few that your leaning towards?

Not really yet. I might just do black. It will not be blue. Then again, I'm kinda partial to the red or yellow. We'll see.

Still waiting for the damn bolt kit (which is currently stuck in customs at the border), so I really have nothing that I can do on this yet. I did, however, drill and tap in a pulse line fitting into the crankcase. I did this in case I decide to run an SRX fuel pump, which I will probably end up doing.

The hole drilled and tapped. The cases are not sparkly like this. They're dirty and covered in aluminum dust.

DSCN2602.jpg

The fitting installed permanently using red permanent Loctite.

DSCN2604.jpg

A view from the inside. The fitting is just shy of being flush with the inside of the cases.

DSCN2605.jpg

Well, it looks like I sold the pipes I was going to run on this build. The Toomey T5's are gone out West because I figure they were going to restrict the power of the motor I am building. The buyer will be very happy with these, since they were absolutely perfect. The pipes I am going with are called Rockets. They are HUGE. They make power basically like a T5 (maybe slightly more towards top end), but are going to work better in my application.

Here are the Rockets. They look to be in mint shape as well.

3n13k93o65P45Rc5Se99q7133b882505912.jpg

3mc3oc3l25Q25S15R999qe6c823b0cdb917.jpg

3nf3pf3of5Q25Pf5Ra99qb8f91053f52516.jpg

Now, here's a comparison of the size of the two pipes. First, here's a Banshee with the Toomey T5's:

PICT2565.jpg

Now, here's a bike with the Rockets. These things are MASSIVE. Wearing pants is a must.

Oct0209SNOW001.jpg

Oct0209SNOW003.jpg

amatosrx said:
my friend was the original maker of those rocket pipes.

Nice. Then maybe you can tell me why they changed from a toomey style silencer to the newer style like on the pipes I am purchasing?

Well it's about damn time. I received some mail today, finally :)....... and they're all nicely labeled, which is handy. The build will now resume!

DSCN2612.jpg

Not all up on quads, but how much torque/power do stock banshees make and how much are you aiming to make? Always great when someone does a build up, its like living vicariously through them when we are able to do builds! Great work!

Ok. I did a bit of work on the bike today. I couldn't put the rear end together because the Alloy Boltz kit did not come with the bolts for the rear carrier, so I'll have to get some tomorrow. I also want to get a cover for the rear shock before I put it on. Here's today's progress:

I put the bottom end together, side cover on, etc. It's ready for cylinders. The side pieces are a mirror finish, and the black is super glossy. My camera sucks for capturing that.....

DSCN2613.jpg

DSCN2614.jpg

I installed all of the stainless hardware on the bike, pretty well. I also threw on the rear skid plate, and rear Modquad chain slider. I had to cut it down a bit on the bottom to get it to fit with the rear skid plate.

DSCN2617.jpg

I decided to go ahead and clean up and cut the stock white front plastic that I got with the bike. I threw it on the bike with the red gas tank and rad cover, and decided the red had to go, so I threw a quick coat of Krylon black paint on those parts. This is only temporary, since I don't want to keep the white fenders, but I thought I'd throw them on for the time being. It makes the bike look more complete :)

DSCN2615.jpg

DSCN2616.jpg

I still have a few things to do before the bike fires up. I won't have it running until the spring time.

Chassis:

1) I have to get new tie rod ends for the yfz450 rods. I don't have any on there at the moment.
2) I have to pick up the two rear bolts for the carrier, some new chain adjuster bolts, and some stainless footpeg bolts. I'll grab them tomorrow if I can.
3) I am going to pick up some grips, rear shock cover, and a handlebar pad tomorrow as well.
4) I am going to run a new axle in the back. Probably a G-Force....i'll grab it over the winter. I am going to put it together with the stock axle just to roll it around.
5) Plastics. I have still not decided on what plastics to run, or colour, but i'm leaning towards black Laker or Fullbore.

Motor:

1) Send out the cylinders to have the triple exhaust ports cut.
2) Port them.
3) I have to pick up some Vito's pistons.

I have not sent them out yet. It is some guy in Michigan. I'll get you the info when I get it. Jeff Stinson of Recreation Performance put me onto him. He's built 100's of Shee's, and says the triple exhaust ports are good for 10-15% on the dyno.

valin said:
I have not sent them out yet. It is some guy in Michigan. I'll get you the info when I get it. Jeff Stinson of Recreation Performance put me onto him. He's built 100's of Shee's, and says the triple exhaust ports are good for 10-15% on the dyno.
maybe dan hall?

i just traded this 03 perfect for my 94 kx 500 awesome bike been riding all day the yard is trashed. i have 3 shees now these machines are aewsome. valin your bike looks real nice. would love to ride the bikes together. :2strokes:

Attachments

• 100_1928 (2).jpg
    100_1928 (2).jpg
    284.9 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
modsrx said:
hey valin did u put the stock clutch and spring in it...........

Honestly, I don't know what clutch or springs were in this motor. I did not change them because there still is alot of wear left. If it slips, I'll change it out....and probably end up with a lockout clutch setup.

Well, I did some work. Not much, but a bit. I threw the bottom end in the chassis, put all the handlebars together, installed some new yfz450 tie rod ends and rods, and installed and bled the brakes. Here's some pics, but still have a bit to go. I need to buy plastics.......the white ones on the bike annoy me.

Handlebars with the new grips and pad.

DSCN2621.jpg

The bottom end installed in the chassis.

DSCN2623.jpg

Rear carrier, sprocket, and brake's done.

DSCN2624.jpg

Back