Banshee build

Actually, the pictures always suck in my garage, so here are some better ones with the door open for more light....

DSCN2635.jpg

DSCN2636.jpg

Well, I have decided to change the build slightly. I was originally going to resleeve my stock cylinders to 68mm, have triple exhaust ports cut into them, and port them, but looking at the costs to do this, it's just not feasible......................so.................I have decided to go with a 68mm cub cylinder for the 4mm stroker, which we will port nicely :) It is going to end up being slightly more money, but just running nikasil alone is worth it IMO. Now it's going to be even more funner. Yes, I said funner. :)

Here's a pic of the cub:

Cheetah_Cub_12.jpg

I will not be purchasing this until mid winter......

modsrx said:
did u get your cylinder ??? u will love the torque ;)!
hey mod srx, saw the pics of your friends 2 shees the gsxr and the 350. Ask him about the fat guy with the #19 white banshee that beats him on the track at edelweiss every weekend. He builds very clean machines and a very nice guy! His other friends banshee has a cheetah cub setup and is fast as hell!

i powdercoated some parts black for my 02 banshee today. valin your bike looks nice.

Attachments

• 100_2149 (2).jpg
    100_2149 (2).jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 100_2150 (2).jpg
    100_2150 (2).jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 100_2157 (2).jpg
    100_2157 (2).jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 2
  • 100_2151 (2).jpg
    100_2151 (2).jpg
    253.2 KB · Views: 3
yes black and red are nice together i am going to powdercoat alot of parts black and red on this machine in the spring.

Attachments

• 100_1921 (2).jpg
    100_1921 (2).jpg
    293.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 100_1923 (2).jpg
    100_1923 (2).jpg
    239.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 100_1924 (2).jpg
    100_1924 (2).jpg
    292 KB · Views: 7
  • 100_1928 (2).jpg
    100_1928 (2).jpg
    284.9 KB · Views: 7
One new item came in, finally. I ordered it on November 7th, so it only took 2 months to arrive.

Tarantula Racing Products grab bar. Their customer service is terrible. They don't tell you the truth on the phone, but they do build one hell of a nice product. Of course, it doesn't fit, but maybe I shouldn't have expected it to. I'll now have to build drop down brackets to mount my silencers because they hit the bar. No biggie.

DSCN2784.jpg

It's been a while, but I have made some progress on the 'shee build.

I ended up shipping out the previous set of carbs to YA*AM*A*HEAD as a trade for the YFZ450 front arms, so I had to build myself another set. I didn't want to have any cast aluminum on this build, so this time I decided to paint the entire rack gloss black, and polish the float bowls. I think it they turned out pretty good.

DSCN3198.jpg

DSCN3201.jpg

DSCN3199.jpg

I just didn't like the look of the front A-Arms being painted silver, so I took the front end apart again to powdercoat the lower A-arm wet black, and I polished the upper A-arm. I think it looks alot better now. I also installed YFZ450 spindles because I didn't like how the tires sat with the Banshee spindles. I threw on some stainless steel braided brake lines up front, and a set of +1" tie rods for an '06+ YFZ because they are bigger and stronger. I ended up getting them for free :) The brakes are still mushy though....I might switch to YFZ450 calipers. I figure I might as well, since everything else up front is from a YFZ..... good point, no?

Sorry for the blurriness of this pic....

DSCN3188.jpg

I picked up a set of Nerf bars from a guy who needed some stock Banshee spindles, so it was a good trade for me. They were pretty rough when I got them, but I put about 4 hours into polishing them, and removed the nets and threw them in the wash. They ended up turning out pretty decent. I also had the peg mounts powdercoated wet black for them.

DSCN3189.jpg

I finally got around to powdercoating the +4 swingarm, so I sent that, along with the rear spring, and rear carrier in to get coated wet black. I had the rear carrier coated red previously, but I just didn't like it, and neither did most others. I found there was too much red back there, so I had it redone. While the rear end was apart, I decided to polish the shock reservoir and the dog bone, since I have nothing but time at the moment. I think it turned out pretty nice. Yes I know I nicked the spring and lost some black, but I'll just have to touch it up with some black paint.

DSCN3190.jpg

Here's a pic of the back of the bike with the Yamaha R6 tail light installed (on low 'cause it' WAY too damn bright on the brake side), and the Tarantula grab bar.

DSCN3191.jpg

I had purchased a refurbished shorty ASV brake lever last year for this build to match my clutch lever, but ASV sent me the wrong one, so I either had to get a new one, or a new master, so I picked up a new master from eBay for $4.99. This master cylinder is from a 2000 YZ426F, and I threw in a new rebuild kit. It, of course, looked like shit, so I polished it also. I am so sick of polishing. The brakes are still terrible IMO.

DSCN3197.jpg

Back