optimistic pre-season srx project

ryanryan said:
What kind of paint did you use on the chaincase/caliper......it looks goooooooood!
thanks
on the caliper i used duplicolor caliper paint, the rest is duplicolor wheel paint, the wheel paint has alot of metallic in it and really sparkles in the light, and it resists brake dust and grime well making it easier to keep clean

got some stuff done, tore apart the bottom end and got the crank out to be gone through. also built my mount for the vector seat
DSCN1717.jpg

here it is bolted to the seat
DSCN1718.jpg

heres the seat mounted
DSCN1719.jpg

still got to build my storage box for under the rear which will also support the rear of the seat, got it figured in my head, now i just have to do it.
also got a rx1 tank cover from 04RXW10, it'll need some reworking
DSCN1715.jpg

I love cutting up a perfectly good piece, just got to fill in the blanks now, looks scarier than it really is...honest
DSCN1716.jpg

now I just have to change the title to this thread from preseason to mid season...lol
I've also got a little something else up my sleeve, more on that next week.....

Well there WAS nothing wrong with that tank cover when I gave it to you. #$%&* :o|

Gald I could help you out on your project. ;)!

You need to it done so we can rip up the trails around here.

quick question staggs... when you take out the engine... do you have to play aorund the the fuel pump settings to get it right again? or its just a slip the engine back in and go... ill be doing something identical to my sled this summer (not a full rebuild and swap of seats and all that but yea) planning on doing a top end rebuild polishing tunel taking out engine cleaning belly pan and everything else in there re wire the prone rub through spot...

awesome work!!! im kinda anctious to get at mine... love working on stuff like that... when its running its when its not running that its depressing lol

You need to it done so we can rip up the trails around here.
well thats what the trick up my sleeve has to do with, but you already know what that is
do you have to play aorund the the fuel pump settings to get it right again?
not really following you on fuel pump settings? do you mean the oil pump? if so as long as you don't take it apart at the adjuster you should be fine. may need a little tweaking at most, but you'll definitely have to bleed it

Yea sorry ment to say oil pump... thanks... ill prob have a crap load of questions when the time comes but getting a little headstart on the way lol... thanks...

when you cleaned out the belly pan did you just use a pressure washer and sprayed in there or?

thanks...

Yea.... mine is pretty damn nasty down there too lol...

I guess you used something to block off all the hoses and stuff that the coolent flowed through?

Stagg, what did you have to have done to your crankshaft? Replace the bearings?? Who did you send it to for the work? Good luck with the rest of tthe project. After getting the run around by the low life local powder coating outfit, I had to put my SRX rebuild project on hold while I got my newer SRX ready for the season. I'll resume work on my rebuild project in about two weeks.

jim, sent it to a local shop figuring on a faster turn around, well 4 weeks later i could of sent it out to one of the popular national shops and had it back by now.
but yes, middle rod bearing felt a little dry, so changed that (he changed middle rod too) trued it and checking everything else out

good to hear projects still moving forward, im getting the itch with the sled just sitting there and no snow to ride on

Jeff im out here in Muni i will send you a few pics of the trails. The lower UP is junk but the lake effect has helped the upper side of the up.

Beautiful Work in progress

That thing looks great, awesome job you're doing. Is that seat lighter than stock? I just missed a set of 38s on ebay by dragging my feet.
Anyway, I should take mine apart and start a project, as soon as I do snow will fllyyyyyy!!! I can't believe we have nothing up here, perfect temps and a chronic high pressure zone WTF!!

Need more snow at home the trails here were thin but good. But anyhing is better than what we have at home. I will send you a few on my way home that I took on my phone. Plan on leave Muni right after the give-away feel free to call me anytime could you someone to talk to on the way.

Back