optimistic pre-season srx project

what did you use to paint the motor and valves silveR? really looks nice man, great work on both sleds :)

well she might be wounded. went out last night for some runs in some colder temps. made a few runs (bare ice, no snow) ran it back to the shore to shut it down and cool off. when i went to fire it back up it took like 10 pulls. it usually starts in one once it's been running. when it fired up it sounded flat, like it was running on only 2 cyls. and the revs were lazy. so i took it back to the shop. it was 1am by that time and have to get up @ 5 for work so didn't check into anything. plan on digging into it this weekend to see what i find.

whatever it was, it loos nice and clean like that! sorry to hear of the troubles, keep us posted!

Heck I even forgot about selling you those shocks! Hope they worked out. You've put alot of work into both of those sleds.

You should be able to get enough rpm out of the 8bu's. I run them in a stocker with a Maxx. white spring 4.5 tip only and a 50/40 with green at 70. 8400 to 8450 all day. You did'nt say what gearing you are running. 21/39 works well for 660. The 8bu's are quicker then the HH's. Just my experience.

yeah i plan to run the bu00's for drags and the hh's for speed runs. i'll get the rpms outta them. i had 4.5 in both holes. jetting is still super fat, i'm slowly working my way down. plus 50f the day i was running them with the fat jetting.

as far as the issue i'm leaning towards ignition at this point. hoping a fouled up plug. since i'm running fat right now and my oil is running fat right now too. working my way down on that as well. haven't put enough fuel through it yet to top both off and see what the ratio is to readjust.

i'll check compression first just to make sure. and i'll double check my wash and plugs since it was a good 30f cooler.

dnale said:
Heck I even forgot about selling you those shocks! Hope they worked out. You've put alot of work into both of those sleds.

yeah i got those in and they worked great. the sc10III actually gained top end for me. i have both the rear and front set up so it's not much higher than the stock set-up but it soaks the bumps 100% better. i'll get some updated pics on that project when i get some time.

yeah. we had a 30 degree drop in temps since the last time i ran it. the mains were right on my wash looked perfect (for racing anyways. not what i'd want for trails). but i was on the needle all the way back to the shore, which was only one position up from stock. my bad. mrviper has pistons at least. so i should be back up and running for next weekend....with a higher needle setting

just an update. motors been back together with no issues for 3 weeks or so now. got my pistons but the port had to be machined on them to match, wich i wasn't expecting. wasn't a big deal though, my guy did em in 15 minutes. cost me $20. got around 500 miles on it. got our local radar run and MSDA 660 drag event next week. plan on running in both events. also won some bored carbs from ottawair on ebay. hopefully i can get a good starting point on those without burning down.

Back