what trucks do you guys run?!

'98 Chevy Silverado which now has almost 180,000 miles all trouble free!Its been a great tow vehicle and goes through the snow good being a 4X4.I'm afraid it'll rust out before it wears out!

SX700triple said:
what does your subaru boost at on the highway with a trailer behind it?

I have a towing map that I run that limits it to 13 psi. My normal map is 21 psi with 50% e85 fuel. (its fair to say 21 psi + e85 rocket fuel makes a fair amount of power!)

It pulls the load fine, the two sleds are actually quite a bit lighter than the 17 foot jet boat I drag around in the summer. (I get ~15 mpg with the sleds, ~11 or so with the boat)

I personally get around in a 97 Honda Prelude. We just use my dad's trucks for towing.

01 Chevy 3/4ton 8.1L with the Allison
04 Chevy 3/4ton 6.6L dmax with the Allison

Both are 4 door shortbox.

Attachments

• IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
06 Dodge 2500 Mega Cab Diesel 4x4. Awesome truck! It'll tow a 2 place sled trailer alright ;-) It's currently stock, and gets 24.5 mpg on the highway (if I can behave).
I also have a 94 GMC 2500 reg cab 4x4 w/ 350. I bought the truck used in 99 and since it is my most successful relationship, I see no reason to part with it. It's been a great truck. Pretty sure most F1 racecars are more fuel efficient though.

smokingcrater said:
I have a towing map that I run that limits it to 13 psi. My normal map is 21 psi with 50% e85 fuel. (its fair to say 21 psi + e85 rocket fuel makes a fair amount of power!)

It pulls the load fine, the two sleds are actually quite a bit lighter than the 17 foot jet boat I drag around in the summer. (I get ~15 mpg with the sleds, ~11 or so with the boat)

very interesting! I find it pretty damn cool that you use a "hybrid" blend of fuel. And I imagine all that corn juice does make quite a bit of power with an extra 21+ pounds of pressure being rammed down the intake. I always wondered what my 2000 Audi A4 would hold boost at with a trailer behind it on the highway. It was tuned by GIAC and drank 93 octane at will and race gas when I had the funds to fill it up haha. I just never wanted to put a receiver on it and then alcohol and stupid decisions took it away from me.

Anywho... Nice car!

I tow everything with my 96 Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd, with a 5.2L. I've owned it since 99 and have 205K on it. It doesn't get stuck, even with the wussy tires it has on it now. I've been debating whether I should keep it and put lift and a new set of tires or, get ride of it in the spring. It gets 15 mpg no matter what... I'm kinda fond of it, but my wife wants to get something newer.

SX700triple said:
very interesting! I find it pretty damn cool that you use a "hybrid" blend of fuel. And I imagine all that corn juice does make quite a bit of power with an extra 21+ pounds of pressure being rammed down the intake. I always wondered what my 2000 Audi A4 would hold boost at with a trailer behind it on the highway. It was tuned by GIAC and drank 93 octane at will and race gas when I had the funds to fill it up haha. I just never wanted to put a receiver on it and then alcohol and stupid decisions took it away from me.

The trick is just to get enough fuel pushed in. You need bigger injectors and fuel pump. (I'm running 560cc injectors and the walbro 255 fuel pump) The results are very similar to race gas, e85 by itself is somewhere north of 105 octane. The nice part is the programming i'm currently running on the ECU gets identical mileage running 50% e85 compared to what I got on normal 91 octane pump gas. (roughly 22 or so on the highway without a trailer)

If I towed a lot more I'd buy a small suv just for towing. I only make a handful of 300 mile trips with the boat/sleds per year, and the rest is generally in town/under 5 miles.

my 2 cents on trucks

If your up on a RIDGELINE out in the middle of the frozen TUNDRA, and you cant seem to get out by RAMmin it, or DODGEin it, then you've CUMmins, to the conclusion that its your super DUTY to call 1-800-DURAMAX.

2005 LLY duramax crewcab with 7.5" of lift on 37" tires, get out of my way!

Attachments

• pickup.jpg
    pickup.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 233
Last edited:
my 1998 k 1500 modded up just a bit. best was 305-350 swap.
2010pics021.jpg

2010pics024.jpg

2010pics028.jpg

2010pics030.jpg

2010pics032.jpg

the 2010 that replaced it in august. not modded yet.

2010pics224.jpg

Here's my vehicle. Audi 4.2 Allroad quattro

P9180197.jpg

No, it's not a truck, but it does have more ground clearance when the air suspension is lifter at level 4 than many so called trucks/suv's, has a 40 valve DOHC 4.2 liter V8 (yep the same basic motor in the R8 supercar), can tow 5000lbs, has heated front and back seats, heated steering wheel, and pretty much every option you can think of. Plus it hauls ***. I call it my german made swiss army knife.

I still have the 04 4runner as it is the wifeys truck, but I traded the lifted grand cherokee I had for this. big upgrade....

Wow nice trucks

Well you may laugh but Im still driving my 460 Ford F250 Xtra Cab 1984 vintage. It just keeps running year after year??? I like it but it sure sucks fuel. Great for towing my Caper and sleds on a trasiler you dont even realize they are there. Airbags on rear and msd variable ignition and hedman klarge tube headers. Good tow rig. And its finally paid for. Bank dont own it any more.

lol i would still be driving the 98 but a kid offered me a price i could not refuse for it and the deals where on for the new ones. only paid $29800.00 lic and taxed for the 2010 in aug.

Here is a photo of our ol Suburban, The boat is the largest load it pulls each year. The Sub is a 96 with a 7.4lt MPI Vortec, The boat is a 1968 Chris Craft Commander, weighing in at 23,000 plus the trailer which is 5,500 lbs. Combined total of 28,500 lbs.
SlocumandGriffithpictures037.jpg

That's a big load. You wouldn't definitely wouldn't want to load it too far forward on the trailer.

2010 Chevy Silverado LS
285/70/17 BFG KO's

My wife is in the 3rd one ;)!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg