what trucks do you guys run?!

thought that that truck looked familar. i live in azilda too. currently have terra trac's on ine. how you like the ko's in the snow?

cute wife btw.

alswagg said:
Here is a photo of our ol Suburban, The boat is the largest load it pulls each year. The Sub is a 96 with a 7.4lt MPI Vortec, The boat is a 1968 Chris Craft Commander, weighing in at 23,000 plus the trailer which is 5,500 lbs. Combined total of 28,500 lbs.
SlocumandGriffithpictures037.jpg

holy hell, is that for real???? what have you got for springs in that sucker??
and thoob, either your truck is huge or your wife is tiny :)

Here you can see use loading the boat onto the trailer while backed down the boat ramp. I usually guide the boat on while my son, who is 17 pulls the whole rig out. Oh, the tongue weight is somewhere around 1k lbs., we use a weight distribution hitch also.
SlocumandGriffithpictures024.jpg

Maim said:
thought that that truck looked familar. i live in azilda too. currently have terra trac's on ine. how you like the ko's in the snow?

cute wife btw.

lol, thanks. I really like the KO's. I had them on my old truck too and they are great in the snow. I trenched through the snow this morning without a problem. I had a 2ft high drift in my driveway and it didn't hesitate at all. So far so good. What gave the truck recognition away? Was it the flares? heh. What kind of sled do you have?

I had KO's on my lifted ZJ. they were great tires. snow mud, even good on the street.

I do believe from my experience that the REVO's are a little better tire in all conditions than KO's.

the ones i ride are 1997 et410 t/r and 2005 rxwar limited edition flat black.

had a set of revos on my last truck and i did not like them in the winter at all. best i have found atm was the old wrangler ht (now the silent armour).

alswagg said:
Here is a photo of our ol Suburban, The boat is the largest load it pulls each year. The Sub is a 96 with a 7.4lt MPI Vortec, The boat is a 1968 Chris Craft Commander, weighing in at 23,000 plus the trailer which is 5,500 lbs. Combined total of 28,500 lbs.
SlocumandGriffithpictures037.jpg
That is one beautiful boat!!! It takes a lot to keep a boat like that in pristine condition!!! Kudos to you!!!

This isn't my boat but I am restoring it a little bit at a time. We started working on the boat about 3 years ago. So far we have rebuilt / replaced the mahogany in the cockpit, Completely rebuilt the V berth with new mahogany and teak, rebuilt the head with new mahogany and teak, rewired the entire boat to current specs. The engines are Ford 427's. We have replaced the carbs with new as well as the fuel pumps. I really like working on the older cabin cruisers. This year we are repainting the bottom and hull stripe, we buffed out the hull and deck last spring. These type of jobs help pay for the riding done in the winter. lol Al

Maim said:
the ones i ride are 1997 et410 t/r and 2005 rxwar limited edition flat black.

had a set of revos on my last truck and i did not like them in the winter at all. best i have found atm was the old wrangler ht (now the silent armour).

I'm shocked you didn't like the revos in winter.

They stick like glue in snow, and work very well on ice, for a non snow tire.

Running an old high miler just like my sled.
97 GMC Ext-cab shortbox 4x4 5.7 L/350 c.i. 405,000 klm's on truck and 60 K on the motor.Could use a squirt of paint,but it still drives like new.

03viperguy said:
not a huge Ford fan, but for their intended use those things are pretty sweet ;)!

I can't see how anyone couldn't love a raptor. It's the first REAL off road able truck to be produced by any manufacturer.

They do everything great, not only can they go off roading like a real trophy truck, but they are very civil on the street too.

A crew cab one is being introduced, so that will quiet the only real gripe to a raptor.

Watched them run the Raptor on TopGear the other week. Boy did that thing have some sway on the track...of course it was on a TRACK and it really didn't perform too badly compared to the sports cars that have already run the course.

Would I take one? Sure but it's like a new 4-stroke sled...I have to run what I have right now...

Back