Compound Twin Turbo Vmax-4

Thank you for the compliments guys! Yeah it's definately an original build, lol.

This sled should run really hard this year (if we get some races and ice). I had the compound system working really well by the time the Weenie Roast came around, but the track conditions were less than ideal for my 11" wide Anderson speed band, so mid-150's was the best I could do without killing myself. I spent the summer/fall refining my turbo sizing on both the high and low pressure turbos based upon my data, so the result is a smaller high pressure Garrett GT turbo and a bigger low pressure Garrett turbo.

For you turbo guru's imagine having the spoolup of a small Garrett GT2860R that is capable of flowing 80 pounds p/minute of airflow. Stay tuned.

I can say that this is the first of its kind and the idea has been thrown around in the past by others but the real benefit comes for those looking at 40 psi+ of boost and the system isn't really practical for those under 35 psi of boost where a single is fine. We are using multiple inter-stage cooling plus the large intercooler setup. It is the largest Garrett/Tial hybrid turbo ever used on a snowmobile. So you've seen it here first, the new setup has the airflow capabilities of over 750 h.p. with the spool up of a small frame turbocharger (I will be working towards 650 h.p.).

Justin Durand[/QUOTE]

Give that new Demon Cat 1100-Turbos a working over Justin
;)! ;)!

Are they not holding the speed runs on Lake Menomine this weekend? I just drove by the lake on my way to lunch and didn't see a track prepped anywhere on the lake.

Yeah it really sucks this season for pulling off race events, ice is minimal at best and I can't imagine that its good ice anymore. The NSSR speed run is at Cable, WI this weekend. I've just lost my motivation for this season. Think I'll fog the engine and shoot for more positive weather next season.

Dam,I was hopeing for great things from your race team this season.
That has got to hurt.

TTT, looks like we'll be bringing this sled out in 2014 for a few NSSR speed runs, its been a long time. My body has healed up pretty good these days and been working out for the past 4-months cutting weight to get ready. Winters coming!

Do you have any new dyno # for us and please let us know when you are going to run and where me and the old doll are in to see the record fall
G

this thing is just insane!! i wish i lived closer to your area cause i would love to see this thing run!! gotta post vids for those of us not fortunate enough to live close enough!! best of luck!!

staggs65 said:
If the compound set-up doesn't give you the power you're looking for try one of these:

you'll probably have to cut up the hood a bit though.

I'm thinking lag "might" be an issue... or the lack of 12' thick ice to support it, lol!

Back