Exciter -89 Goes Mountian

U can buy an extension for the thottle wire (pretty decent price) Could´nt find any extension for the brakewire, please check 88exciters570 thread in the working log. He figured out a nice solution, or make a new longer wire.

YEAH 88exciter570 video´s coming up when it´s time for testdrive:) please get some video on yours too.

Last edited:
Made some progress today, switched track to original v-max, it really sucks, but i had no one else available... I studded it just for fun, hopefully it will provide good grip in the packed snow:)

The drive belt was very worn, had to change it (a wonder i made it to the garage)

Here´s a picture of the track it´s very worn but will do until i find a better one.

I put the rest of the skid together, but realized that the front was a bit harder to adapt to the v-max rails... This made me very frustrated but i will find a solution for this in the morning.

Tomorrow is another day, please feel free to make a comment:)

Alot of progress this weekend, the skid is done, works perfect! Today i started with the chassie extension with some help from my brother and a friend. We started to make some dropbrackets and started to make a model for the extension. The only thing right now is weather i should move the rear heat exchanger or not? I was hoping not to, but maybe i´ll end up with a severe crash when my studs hit it in a big bump?

Anyway, the brackets will lower the skid about 2,5 inches which is perfect though the v-max front suspension will make the front 2 inch higher. Tomorrow i will mount the skid to figure out the right angel so i don´t end up with a submarine... I mean my goal is to make a climber in the end right? see ya!

P.s 88exciter570 i mounted the track for best grip, i will change it shortly so it does´nt matter if it worns fast. My goal is to put smaller drivewheels and fit a 38 mm track:)

Yeah i hope so! I put alot of hours in it so it better be fun:) I will continue my work tomorrow, hopefully we have a testrun this weekend. I´m quite curious how it will behave after the skidchange...

Well my friends, sometimes things are just not meant to be, the marrige between original ex suspension and the v-max didn´t quite work the way i wanted. The result was very poor suspension!

The angels was a bit wrong which affected the whole suspension in a negative way. I either have to weld new ears in the rails or use the entire v-max suspension. I choose the later.

There for i must find shocks really fast, if u got a complete set of v-max shocks 94-96 with bolts, nuts and bushings please pm me asap!

By the way, if anyone of you has or know anyone with a v-max extended version 94-96. Could you please help me by meassure the cc between the front and rear skidmount holes? It would be a big help for me.

Last edited:
Did a little maintainence work while i´m waiting for my shocks to arrive. Found a new shorter seat which was in very good shape.

Did a little polish and cleaned the carburettors and changed all the hoses too.Wanted to know why the throtle hangs up every now and then. the wire and throttle adjustment bolts were really worn so i ordered a new one. ! Also ordered a really good thing: Ice scratchers! (For cooling of the slides)

I Also checked the entire cooling system just to make sure everything works perfectly when i leave the garage. Finally found some shocks on ebay, hopefully i get them real soon:)

Last edited:
Well my friend i can´t either.. the shocks will arrive with ups so it should´nt take too long. Sold the stock skid and track today :) Maybe it´s time for skidextensions and a 144x38x32 now? What do u think, do i have to change drivewheels if i use a 32?

Been sick so i had some extra time to update this tread. The extension made of cardboard is done and sent to be form to the real deal. Now i just have to figure out how to solve the lifthandle problem...

I left the rear heat exchanger in it´s stock place, just planning to make some protection incase the suspension goes all the way... We will see if that´s work or if the studs will rip it apart.

The shocks are on´their way and it seems that most of the hard work has been done. The original v-max front swing arm is to wide for the ex chassie. Switched that to one from an ex2 and that worked fine, just bolt on. :) Still havetomake the rear one shorter, but that´s a piece of cake.

While i´m waiting for my shocks and tm carburettors to arrive i took the opportunity to fix a few things that you normally don´t do in the middle of the season. I started to repaint both swingarms (note my beautiful paintbox hehe).

I got my icescratchers and put them on, It´s a good investment and hopefully they will improve the cooling a bit, espesially for the slides.

These ice scratchers are supposed to lie on the rail when they are not needed. My boggiewheel is in the way for this so i had to make a distance that will be attached to the boggiewheel, hopefully this will be enough to fulfill my purpose.

Now i just have to polish the rest of the skid and change some of the bearings and then we´re good to go.

Finally! I found my self a really nice predator track! Maybe not the greatest choice for deepsnow but it will do so far. (and i don´t have to change drivewheels:)

My extension is done, it became quite good, and fits excellent! If everything goes as planned i can put everything together this weekend YEAH!

Now i just need to find a solution for the lifthandle....

Got an interesting surprice in the mail today, it was my flatslides! Also found out that my shocks left the swedish customs and should be here in a day or two;)

Made my last order to get some new slides and some other stuff i need for the weekend.

88exciter570 said:
Nice! Notch the corners at the rear and make one out of 1x1 square tubing

Yeah, that could be really nice! I was thinking of using 1x1 square tubing in a combo with the cut stock handle....

Well my friends they´re finally here! I searched in all ads and in all of the swedish sled scrapheaps after a couple of these shocks with no result. Fortunately i found these on ebay for a decent cost complete with bushings and all. The shipping actually cost me more than the shocks but it was all worth it!

Today i also found a workshop that would fix my lifthandle, now i´m really close to finish this part of the project.

Well my friends, thing are finally starting to happen! Today i threw away the old track and started to mount my new predator track:)

But before it could be mounted i needed to make a new front hole for the v-max skid. It took some time with all the messurements and drilling but it became ok in the end. It was a bit difference between the stock ex1 hole and the v-max. (see pic.)

When the front hole was done with all the reinforcements and all it was time to make the middle one. This was very easy compared to the rear one.... It took a little work before i found out a way to fix the mounts in exactly 86 cm. I finally made it and could settle the dropbrackets in the right spot. I tested it and everything was like a glove!

Now i just have to fix some small things and then i finish this part of the project. The result became quite good and i´m very pleased with the suspension.

Back