"srx whiteout project"

I like it, nice work once again! blue decals? opposit of the white from the factory might be kinda of cool? I am sure you already have an idea.

bluebullet said:
I like it, nice work once again! blue decals? opposit of the white from the factory might be kinda of cool? I am sure you already have an idea.
yes i do want decals just ready to ride and not work on it.

paint looks good pete. I always look at pics for light reflections to see any orange peel. you can see in your pics of just the hood indoors that your paint is super flat. nice work on the sled as a whole

well the white sled is done all ready for this snowstorm that's coming. I spent 12 hours and finished it up . it sounds great and feels like it will be a fun ride.I wrapped the pipes today it should keep the heat in the pipes. now I have to start on my 99 srx with m10 . going 136 with new track and new front end suspension parts.

wrapped the pipes and put on carbs. all done ready to rip this weekend its snowing now.

Attachments

• black or white 2 (2).jpg
    black or white 2 (2).jpg
    231.3 KB · Views: 36
  • the gang (2).jpg
    the gang (2).jpg
    192.4 KB · Views: 44
  • white srx roller (2).jpg
    white srx roller (2).jpg
    238.5 KB · Views: 53
  • white srx wrapped (2).jpg
    white srx wrapped (2).jpg
    243.5 KB · Views: 43
  • white srx pipes done (2).jpg
    white srx pipes done (2).jpg
    242.4 KB · Views: 34
  • white srx carbs (2).jpg
    white srx carbs (2).jpg
    262.3 KB · Views: 39
well i rode the sled today and this sled is a monster pulls like a rocket, thanks to don for doing my porting. i cant wait to tear into some other local sleds.

went out today with some friends in a field 400 ft field it was my 99 srx h/c primary , my 2000 srx h/c primary paddle track 02 piped 144 paddle viper 02 piped and a 99 srx mr viper ported srx h/c primary. and I was having a ball this sled just rips. pulls hard to 400 foot it was a short field. could not run long.today I was king today. thanks don u rock. me and my friends will be doing more racing soon next time bigger field. we will see if it still can hang. http://youtu.be/l_bgguwCgA8 here is a vid of the action listen to those power inc pipes roar. here is another. http://youtu.be/qfc2jxDzj7o my friend with his srx ottawair was there with his srx was not clutched right . he is still getting it dialed in.

Last edited:
kirk700 srx said:
What angle helix,spring and primary setup ya running on that Maxx secondary?
50/40 helix green spring 70 degree wrap. the primary is 40/10 fully loaded. red spring.

Last edited:
today I went out to the big field with a few friends. it runs well on the big end to. I was in front of a f7 crossfire by 10 sleds he was 280 lbs. and my buddy with a crossfire f8 with work done is about 2 sleds faster than me he gets the holeshot on me but I am with him the hole way I am very happy with the results. and there was a crossfire 1000 there that is very fast first race he passed me at half track and blew up his engine. so he was done. also raced my friends 02 piped 144 viper on the top end and I was well out front. had it up to 115 today on the dream meter. I love my powerinc pipes the sound and quality is great. I do not think that they loose any power. I have a spare set that will be going on another sled soon just have to find another power Inc silencer.

Last edited:
just wondering where u get the chrome wheels for the skid and how much are they nice sled too just might tear down mine for a custom build this summer

Finally got to ride my mr viper srx in the up for 500 miles. I rode with 4 guys we we were racing against each other on a huge county road in grand Marais and a few other places. We raced from a dead stop and from rolling runs and my white srx just flat out blows by all of my other sleds and my brothers sled. I am like 12 sleds faster in a 800 foot drag. I am so happy with dons porting work just pulls like heck all the way to 115 . On the rolling pulls I just pass the guys like a missile . All of the sleds r studded. The only sled that pulls hard on top is my m10 136 srx that has ported pistons and 35.5. Carbs that sled does not transfer good but it has very good top end. I run heel clickers in the white srx and my black sled. The other sleds had 8 dn 20 set ups. My brother has a 8 bu 10 clutch set up. So if u want some arm stretching power look up don. I can't wait to put my white sled up against some other sleds to see if it has to power to make some others respect the vintage srx 700. Thanks so much don. :2strokes: :sled2:

amatosrx said:
Finally got to ride my mr viper srx in the up for 500 miles. I rode with 4 guys we we were racing against each other on a huge county road in grand Marais and a few other places. We raced from a dead stop and from rolling runs and my white srx just flat out blows by all of my other sleds and my brothers sled. I am like 12 sleds faster in a 800 foot drag. I am so happy with dons porting work just pulls like heck all the way to 115 . On the rolling pulls I just pass the guys like a missile . All of the sleds r studded. The only sled that pulls hard on top is my m10 136 srx that has ported pistons and 35.5. Carbs that sled does not transfer good but it has very good top end. I run heel clickers in the white srx and my black sled. The other sleds had 8 dn 20 set ups. My brother has a 8 bu 10 clutch set up. So if u want some arm stretching power look up don. I can't wait to put my white sled up against some other sleds to see if it has to power to make some others respect the vintage srx 700. Thanks so much don. :2strokes: :sled2:

Baaaaad A$$. Way to go pete! (and don!) That sled sounds sweet. If ya make it to otsego way this winter PM me. This warm up might put a damper on us again, i hope not. Chris

Have you thought of having some custom decals made up? I love how mine turned out, my local vinyl gal charged me 75$ for everything. Let us know when you have more vidoes up.

Attachments

• misc 12 006[1].JPG
    misc 12 006[1].JPG
    20.5 KB · Views: 343

Back