Homemade octane booster..USE AT YOUR OWN RISK

Don't know much about this matter so I wont share an opinion....But is fun to read...

But I wonder who are those.......

nosboy said:
PAINTERS USE IT. !!! and WHACKOS who spend too much time in their garage trying to come up with some newfangled racing fuel do too !!!

is fun to read,toulene at menards is about $20 a gallon,mineral spirits,$7,atf aint cheap either,how many ounces per gallon would you mix this with youre gas?

dsc577 said:
is fun to read,toulene at menards is about $20 a gallon,mineral spirits,$7,atf aint cheap either,how many ounces per gallon would you mix this with youre gas?
You can get this stuff from painters supply houses for 25% of what they charge at menards or home depot.. Did you ever see how much amsoil charges for 16 ounces of octane booster ( and it's 95% KEROSENE ( $4.00 a gallon) to boot) ????

Contact me if you are TRULY interested in buying chemicals in bulk ( five gallons and up) and are SERIOUSLY interested in getting into the manufacture of your OWN OCTANE BOOSTER.... You could make a LOT of money doing this,, but,, you HAVE TO have a business address AND adhere to applicable laws.. it's kinda like a RECHROMING BUSINESS.... People look at the DOLLAR SIGNS and forget all about the STATE LAWS AND REQUIREMENTS to produce or reproduce fuels OR fuel additives... You can make your OWN personal "stash" if you want to,, but,,, like I said before,,, FIVE GALLON MINIMUM from MOST chemical manufacturers,, AND, a BUSINESS LICNSE with a VALID RESALE (tax) number will get you into the door... "tolly is going for around THREE to FOUR dollars a gallon at this level....

As far as all you CANADIANS are concerned.. I know NOTHING about Canadian rules OR Laws... Comet Chemical company in INNISTIL, Ontario is a GREAT PLACE to get "tolly" at...

Nicko said:
Don't know much about this matter so I wont share an opinion....But is fun to read...

But I wonder who are those.......
I was referring to MYSELF...

nosboy said:
snip - and I can't even SPELL the equipment,, but it's called GCMS ( gas chemography (someting or other, Mass spectrometry... ) they " burn" it and watch the pretty colors,,, I've heard of it being done,, but never saw it...

FTIR - Fournier Transform Infrared Spectrometer.

nosboy, chemistry notwithstanding some of your punctuation and capitalization keys appear to be sticking.

nosboy said:
I'm not "hip" to al the new blends on the market lately... I've been out of the "loop" for a while... like 30 years out of the loop !!!
Some stuff is like riding a bicycle,, some isn't !!

The only reason I added this to the post, is to insure the correct product is obtained. Jet A is kerosene based and Jet B is naptha based. HUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGE difference w/ very different results.

A couple of bucks said:
The only reason I added this to the post, is to insure the correct product is obtained. Jet A is kerosene based and Jet B is naptha based. HUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGE difference w/ very different results.
Like I said,, Not hip to all those Jetfuels.... Don't have anything even CLOSE that could run on that stuff !!!

maybe a turbine powered snowmobile? It would MELT all of the snow when it goes by... BAD IDEA !

Did anyone TRY this stuff and THANK ME for saving them SO MUCH MONEY ????

Back