SRX 700 summer project

Ames2000 said:
Got some pics today of the parts amatosrx powder coated for me. They look good. He did the trailing arms, radius rods, front shock coils, and the hood screen kit. Thanks again!!

IMG_0481_zps88388fb4.jpg

IMG_0480_zpsf1000033.jpg

IMG_0479_zpsd152a78c.jpg

IMG_0478_zpsf1a11215.jpg

IMG_0477_zpsf053b139.jpg

Thanks very much pete!!!!!!!!!
Those shocks make me want to get mine powder coated (rusted/peeling), but for this season it's gonna be WD-40 and shock covers!

hey guys,
haven't posted anything in a while, thought if any of you guys were interested you might want to here were its at right now, staggs65 got my bottom end together today for me. Thanks Jeff, a really appreciate it. Can't wait to get the whole engine together and get the sled going, it shouldn't be to long till its ready!

Well, I know its on it's way home right now alive and breathing ;) so you need to update this thread with some pics and probably some vids of it running for the guys. I'm not going to lecture you again here like I did in my shop about the steps to take from here to dial her in :D:DP so good luck with her, treat her right and she'll always be there for you. Hey, now I've got room to bring in the race sled and bring the monster to life. :worth: and vids

Looks like you got yourself a sweet ride there. I wish I had something that nice when I was your age.

Try to keep the shiny side up and have fun this winter.

Thanks! All mine and staggs65's hard work paid off. Thank you all who helped out with this project, this is my first project iv done and I really like it. Thank you jeff for all your time and your patients with me teaching me a boat load of stuff i didn't know, i wouldn't have been able to do any of this without you. Thank you very much!!!!

Hey guys,
staggs65 suggested that I change my spark plug caps, holy, i changed them and it is a night and day difference. It runs a lot better. Today I went to my local yamaha dealer and picked up a belt and plug caps. Now i'm ready for some snow and some cold weather so the lakes freeze nice.

you asked what we think of this? this restores my faith in the youth, thats what I think. you took it upon yourself to take on a large project, were not afraid to ask for help when you needed it, and certainly not afraid to get your hands dirty. I think that other people helped you out so that you could learn all this stuff and get out and do something other than play video games. I think there are a lot of people here that make me proud to be a mod on this forum, we really have some GREAT people on here that seem to love to just help out. you did a fantastic job, you should really be proud of the effort you put in and the results you now have. cant believe I never saw this thread, but just now reading it through put a smile on my face. thanks for sharing your work, and thanks to all that helped him out. some real stand up people here!

Back