SRX 700 summer project

Ive gotten my crank and almost all the odds and ends i need to do the project, the only thing left is track, skid, 1 piston and 1 head!! I cant wait!

I know I'll prolly catch some grief for this...but for me, the polished tunnel is not my cup of tea. This is nothing agaist your project (which is coming along amazing).... but my main riding buddy has a 2001 srx.... mine is 99.

For some reason, i STILL cant get past the silver trailing arms and tunnel.... I dont get tired of people loving my white bellypan, white skis etc (cuz I know he wished his was sexy like mine)

To each their own no doubt, and the 01 is the best of the SRX's performance wise...but those silver trailing arms (sorry guys, go easy on me :) )

To me, should be BLUE and WHITE.....

Its very nice to see a younger guy be so interested in a hands-on project like this...versus beating your high score in call of duty!! KUDOS!

Lookin GOOOOOOOOD. When you are finished, you will have a 'labor of love' and will be proud to know you put your own blood,sweat and tears into. Much better than some PUTZ that plunks down $15000 to buy the biggest and the baddest.

A couple of bucks said:
Lookin GOOOOOOOOD. When you are finished, you will have a 'labor of love' and will be proud to know you put your own blood,sweat and tears into. Much better than some PUTZ that plunks down $15000 to buy the biggest and the baddest.

well said!

Sorry for not having any pictures for you who want to see what it looks like. I was able to get a picture tonight. I have the skid in and the track on. i have the chaincase on to. Its looking good so far!

Photoon2012-08-26at2115.jpg

I will be going to get sandblasted parts this week so I will get going on them for u. I am glad to see you building your own sled. I don't mind donateing my time on your parts. I like to see youg people do something on there own. You will need to get all of the bushing for the arms and radius rods.

hey guys, i still haven't got around to getting pics of the parts that amotosrx powder coated for me. sorry pete. in the next couple of days ill snap a few pics and put them up. I really like the work that pete did on these. they came out great and i really appreciate it, thanks very much pete.

Ames2000 said:
hey guys, i still haven't got around to getting pics of the parts that amotosrx powder coated for me. sorry pete. in the next couple of days ill snap a few pics and put them up. I really like the work that pete did on these. they came out great and i really appreciate it, thanks very much pete.
No problem I don't mind helping young people do something
positive.

Last edited:
Got some pics today of the parts amatosrx powder coated for me. They look good. He did the trailing arms, radius rods, front shock coils, and the hood screen kit. Thanks again!!

IMG_0481_zps88388fb4.jpg

IMG_0480_zpsf1000033.jpg

IMG_0479_zpsd152a78c.jpg

IMG_0478_zpsf1a11215.jpg

IMG_0477_zpsf053b139.jpg

Thanks very much pete!!!!!!!!!

yeah, i love how the sled is coming out so far, it looks preety sweet. here is a pic from behind the sled, the sled looks alot better without 5 inches of dirt on it thats been colecting all summer,

IMG_0476_zpsfaf8e056.jpg

Very nice, still love how the white looks on these blue sleds. Im going to do a viper like that one of these days. Maybe the next one im looking for now.

hi guys, i just got under neath my sled to tighten up the set screws on the cog shaft and i tried to rotate the track and then i found out that the lugs were hitting on the front cooler guard :(. does anyone know what the max size you can run on a 2000 srx?? I have a 1 in camoplast carve. Thanks

1" should work fine. Double check if you just put it in that the track is "set down" on the drivers and not riding on the lugs on the inside of the track. That would hold it out if it wasnt set on the drivers right. Rotate the track back and forth a little. It should set in there...

if the lugs go across the window you may have to trim them just a hair. I had to trim a 1" ultimat traxion on my wifes sled. I uses tile nippers and removed about a 1/8 right where the windows would be. Very common, and best to trim them and not let it wear in.

super1c said:
if the lugs go across the window you may have to trim them just a hair. I had to trim a 1" ultimat traxion on my wifes sled. I uses tile nippers and removed about a 1/8 right where the windows would be. Very common, and best to trim them and not let it wear in.

X2, sorry I've missed your calls Josh. I'm working out of town right now putting in crazy hours. I'll get with you this weekend.

Looking real good Josh! I still love the SRX blue and white! I ran a 1.25 rip saw ( no pics) on my 99. I will bet you are not on the cogs right? I think I had to remove my front cooler stud protectors to fit that 1.25 lug track in mine? Nice work! ;)! :letitsnow

Last edited:

Back