"The Summer Project " 440X

well porting is all done (sorry no more pics of the cylinders and the ports).....new pistons and rings and cylinders are now on the motor ....also made up the custom thermostat housing to clear the hood and act as a water restrictor ......built a new primary and have a initial set-up in it that I am sure will need some fine tuning .....skis are built just have to blast and paint them ......custom seat is recovered (same cover) had to put different wood and reshape a bit since it will be a drag sled .....sway bar covers installed ..........it will be close but I might have it out for a show on Saturday ....not running but close should be up and running and making its first passes on the test track in the next few weeks .....
001_zpsa82f1731.jpg
0aa60b30-70e9-416b-b0d5-b2bc432b5894_zps52e93673.jpg
002_zps56c7ef79.jpg
004_zps32d40393.jpg
005_zpse0a28ecd.jpg
006_zpsbc988580.jpg

on the ground !!!!! ............getting closer everyday with some help on a few measurements ......got the rear plates in so the track skid and custom skis are all on .......soon it will come to life

003_zps10204831.jpg
005_zps57573dbb.jpg
006_zps5309bf45.jpg
007_zps1efffc78.jpg
008_zps73e3e2a5.jpg

hope this is just the beginning of good things to come for this sled ......even though it is nowhere near finished took it out to a show and took home first place in the custom class yesterday ....it beat out my SSR clone that took 2nd let hope it is able to take firsts on the track ......hoping to have it up and running at the end of the week here are some more pics
007_zps599c05c4.jpg
006_zpsa0f2d315.jpg
003_zpsca8cd584.jpg
001_zps20fc703b.jpg

Yamaha Nutz said:
hope this is just the beginning of good things to come for this sled ......even though it is nowhere near finished took it out to a show and took home first place in the custom class yesterday ....it beat out my SSR clone that took 2nd let hope it is able to take firsts on the track ......hoping to have it up and running at the end of the week here are some more pics
007_zps599c05c4.jpg
006_zpsa0f2d315.jpg
003_zpsca8cd584.jpg
001_zps20fc703b.jpg

Its sure is looking nice
;)!

well things have slowed a bit on the project but should have the pipes done this week ...scored a set of carbs so now we are down to the radiator and wiring ...but still need to get the rest of the drag sleds gone through to hopefully test at the end of the week still have to get the stock gpx and srx gone through and over the weekend put the new cylinders and heads on the mod gpx and now I have to get the carbs and clutching down right then back to the mod srx ...under 2 months to the first race and not much time to get things done .........

sorry for no updates lately sled is just about ready to run but I think I am running out of time to have it in Princeton for the outlaw grass drags ...3 weeks away between the long ours at the summer job and stupid little issues with the other drag sleds this one has not had much attention lately but I should have it on the track next weekend for the first rounds of testing .......now that I have the issues with the other drag sleds taken care of and just testing I can give the mod more time ....I will post some pics when I get time ........but right now first race for the sled should be the Wautoma ..lake of the woods grass drags in sept. stay tuned for reports on testing

wet-sand......just a little from 150 all the way to 2000 grit .......I love the look but it is a lot of work ..and many hours for prepping the polishing itself only took about 8 hours or so .....should have more pics up here soon ...........more testing tomorrow with the other sleds

some more updates it is running and radiator installed gas tanks all hooked up ...........decals and a few odds and ends to go ...........hope to have it on the track yet this year ..........just really no time to spend with the sled lately ...........
001_zpsd2651cb0.jpg
003_zpsdd1cffca.jpg
004_zps1884c7e2.jpg

Yamahakid01 said:
Looks awesome I've been waiting to see updates
is this Doug?

just realized that I had no pics of the engine complete with the exhaust that I built for it ............did finally give'r on the stand today and wow does it sound good and seems like great power ...........plus .....LOUD...with the open stingers .............
005_zps18436984.jpg
006_zpsd1203c56.jpg
007_zpsf56be30a.jpg
008_zps1a3d39a8.jpg
009_zpsbbf20b26.jpg

Back