SRX Stock Silencer Mod Results !!!!

MrViper - No, I know you weren't accusing me of that, Fix was though.

Hauler - just because your rpm's changed, doesn't mean you are making more hp. It is probably the SAME hp just at a higher rpm, which still relates to zero HP gain. You're just twisting your engine at a higher rpm for no reason.
I'm going to repeat my point from before... If this mod made a difference, then the BSFC and AF#'s would have been lower and higher, respectively. They were NOT. This is an indication that the mod does not do what it claims. These numbers, aside from the HP and Torque #'s, indicate the engine is running differently due to the possible mod. They remained the same, which means the efficiency of the engine did not change, which means the hp/torque did not change.

I didn't say that JUST jetting gave me a 6-8 hp increase. I said we played with the jetting and a few other things to get the increase. But all this was done with the stock can. I wanted to leave the sled untouched for a baseline for our dyno runs to compare the stock vs. mod. can.

Last edited:

Do you have a dyno that you can use whenever you like? I think it would be a worthwhile investment for me to find one and do some testing on it for a day. Would probably tell me where I'm making peak horsepower and could tune it right there to get it setup how I want it. Anyone know of a place in MN that has a dyno at a reasonable price?

No I don't have that easy of access to a dyno, wish I did. But there is a guy the next town over from me that has one. That's where I brought my sled. He's been doing this stuff for almost 30 years. He even said that he would have been surprised by the increase. I wish I talked with him before I did this.

If you do dyno your sled, do yourself a favor and make runs with both the stock and mod silencer.

good luck.

I currently run a Power Inc can on mine just for weight savings. It sounds a little better, but I don't think it makes any more power.

is this the same thing that people do to the non powervalved tripples? did that do anything for those? intersting that they dont want to admit anything with this :(

well I did learn that I am going to tune my sled to run in the 84-8450 range,mine has run at 8600 since I have had it.good info post.thanks-Harvey

The other thing I would say is I did not see the HP until the hit the snow, this is where I saw the rpms go whack and had to add the clutch kit which would indicate the pipe is making HP

Hauler - Do you work for Fix ? So do you judge your power increases by the seat of the pants feel ? that is insane. If the modified silencer was to make a power increase, IT WOULD SHOW ON THE DYNO ! Plain and simple. A power gain is a power gain and it is going to be more evident on the dyno than by your butt cheeks.

can you post some of the other dyno -runs, would like to see how much power if any being jetted correctly gains.
your sled is really rich...................

newbie - yes, I can post some that show nice gains just by re-jetting.
Yes, it was running very rich, it was also kinda warm that day ~ 48*F or so.

I would like to see some more dyno runs,are there any shops in upstate NY that have a dyno service?thanks-Harvey

jwiff, I know a guy in Mpls. that has a Dynomite. I have done some runs on the old Exciter SX with him years ago. I beleive he still has it. He does porting etc. for people out west. I also know a guy with a track dyno(S.St.Paul). He uses it for setting up race sleds and trail sleds.(clutching)

We have a track dyno. If someone would be interested I would be willing to work out a deal for a SRX or Viper session using the new Super Tip weights for $75 (basic initial fee for dyno hook up & first three runs) plus the cost of the clutching if you wished to buy it. Prefer a stock SRX or Viper and we can add mods once we get it clutched from there.

Allen, I'd be willing to sacrifice my SRX, however it has aftermarket clutching and the cut and lift mod. Also, I wouldn't be able to do it until the riding season is over, as the season is too short here to begin with. I'll check how far my home is from where you live and if you wanted to work something out in the offseason, we could maybe do that.

If you find out something, let me know...There's still snow up by Brainerd, I'll be up there a week from this Friday if you want to ride!

Back