SRX Stock Silencer Mod Results !!!!

hP OUT OF THE CRATE FOR A SRX IS ONLY 130 HP THEY ARE NOT 140 HP OUT OF THE CRATE. i HAVE A 2001 AND i HAVE THE TITLE TO SHOW THE hp RATING

1 IF YOU PUT PIPES ON AND THE RPM'S GO UP THAT MEANS THE EXHAUST IS PUSHING THROUGH AND NOT MAKING THE HP, IN ORDER TO GET THE RESULTS FROM THE RPM CHANGE YOU HAVE TO WORK THE CLUTCH.
2 NO ONE THAT RUNS A DYNO KNOWS THAT YOU HAVE TO HAVE AT LEAST 3 RUNS ON A DYNO TO GET THE PIPES HEATED UP AND THEN CONSIDERING YOU WERE DOING IT AT 48 DEGREES SURELY IS NOT GOING TO HELP THE RESULTS.
3 THERE IS SUCH A THING AS GAINING HP ON THE GROUND WITHOUT TOTALLY SEEING IT ON THE DYNO.
4 HE DID ONE RUN AT A TIME SO HOW CAN YOU SAY THESE ARE TRUE RESULTS ON THE DYNO. hE DID NOT DUE CONSECITIVE RUNS AS YOU WILL NOT SEE THE POWER BULD UP IMMED.
5. i KNOW ENOUGH TO BE DANGEROUS AS WE RACE BIKES AROUND THE COUNTRY AND i KNOW WHAT REAL TIME RESULTS ARE.
6 ONE GUY POSTED HIS RESULTS AND i'AM ANOTHER GUY SAYING IT DOES MAKE HP AND i HAD 3 SLEDS DONE BY HIM. i ALSO KNOW MANY OTHERS WHO HAVE HAD THIS DONE.
7. i ASKED EARLIER IF HE HAD TAKEN IT OUT FOR A RIDE, HE WILL NOT EVEN CONSIDER SEEING WHAT i'M SAYING. iT'S A FACT IF YOU ADD PIPES OR CAN AND YOUR RPMS GO UP ON THE GROUND YOUR PUSHING THROUGH MORE AND IN ORDER TO UTILIZE THIS YOU NEED TO ADJUST YOUR CLUTCHING. IF THIS IS NOT FACT THEN WHERE DID THE RPMS COME FROM. ALSO AS THE OTHER GENTLEMAN SAID THE SLED SHOULD BE TUNED FOR 8600 AND HE WAS RUNNING AT 8400 8500 THIS WILL ALSO MAKE A DIFFERENCE.

SORRY FOR THE SPELLING, BY THE WAY FOR THE RECORD i'M NOT TRYING TO BASH THIS GUY BUT I'M TRYING TO BRING UP POINTS THAT I KNOW ARE FACT AND REALALISTIC.

You either have ties to Fix or you're trying to get me cranked up. And you're taking things out of context from my posts.
Did you read the dyno sheets? 2000~2002 SRX's are 138~142hp out of the box. It pulled almost 140 hp with either the stock or modified can, bone stock. Just because it was 48* out, does not affect whether or not the mod can actually makes a difference. As long as the surrounding environmental factors stay the same, temp, relative humidity, etc., does not impact whether or not the mod can does what is claimed. If I tested it one day and it was 20*, then tested it the next day and it was 50*, then temp would have been the changing factor to this, but it was not in this case.
If the mod can did make more hp, it would have showed it on the dyno. What don't you understand about this? It makes no difference if it was 48* or 90*. If the only factors that are changing is the silencer from the stock to the mod, then temp is irrelevant.
"THERE IS SUCH A THING AS GAINING HP ON THE GROUND WITHOUT TOTALLY SEEING IT ON THE DYNO." ?? Ok, let's think about this. Follow me now... In order to get more power to the track, it has to come from somewhere, right? The moon, the stars, a can of beans, I don't know, it has to come from somwhere. In this case, the part that is being changed is supposed to increase the engine hp, so the increase in power should be coming from the engine. Still following me? If the engine is not experiencing an increase in hp, then there will be not increase of hp to the track, hence no increase in hp to the ground.
The gain of 6-7 hp was also doing other things, for the third time. READ what I am posting. This hp gain WAS NOT just from re-jetting, there were other things done too.
You can only make one run at a time on the dyno. Do you know how hot a sled gets from one dyno run ? Obviously not. The sheet that I posted for the mod can was from the 1st run with it, the third total of the day. The 2nd run (4th total of the day) with the mod can only created max hp of 139 hp, so it lost hp as the pipes got hotter. So, yes I did do consecutive runs.
If you saw results and you are happy, then great. But have you put your sled on the dyno with and without the modifications and have the hard facts like I posted ? Probably not. You should try the same tests that I did and find out for yourself. Show me facts on the hp gain that you have experienced to back up your claims. That is all I am doing here.
I'm not going to turn this post into a pissing contest. Although it might be too late. I've said what I've had to say. This was supposed to be informative for all others interested.

Well said, srx70024...If I were to spend $260 on this modification that claims 7-10 horsepower, I would want to see those power gains on a dyno. Thats basically what he is trying to get across here, and being that he didn't see those numbers, I too would be upset!!!

MrViper & Jwifferdill - Thank you very much !!!

Yup, I've heard that song before. It fits pretty well here.

Actually, the modded silencer might get my brothers .300 WSM !! Big Boom !!!
Big mess !!!! HAAAAA !!!!

the coolest thing I ever found to shoot were these small (just over a tennis ball sized)l glass jar of old paint powder, didn't need a spotting lense to see if you hit!

mY QUESTION IS DID YOU DO A RUN ON THE MOD CAN AND THEN MAKE ANOTHER RUN ALMOST IMMED AFTER OR DID THE SECOND RUN COME 30 MIN TO AND HOUR LATER OR LATER THAT DAY.? fROM ALL INDICATIONS YOU MADE ONE RUN AND DID NOT MAKE A SECOND AFTER THE FIRST UNTIL LATER ON.

24, thats why i do not post on here........some people just can't get a clue :o|
Did you try that other thing i told you at the new years party??

srx70024, dont listen to the people questioning your data. Anybody that has spent any time here at TY actually reading posts and learning from them knows that you know your shit and are not going to spew out a bunch of useless information that many people will find influential in their decision to purchase this service. I for one appreciate the detail that you went into when doing your testing.

This site really loses many of its most helpful members just because of the few people that seem to want to degrade comments made by the people that really know what they are talking about. If you do not know what you are talkin about, dont post. Oh yeah, and i wouldnt try to contradict people when they have a greater knowledge of the subject of discussion than you do, such as the cases seen in this post.

Useful information, cold pipes make more power than hot pipes, does not matter that you are dynoing in 48 degree weather (is that why people are trying to force more cold air into their machine? Warm weather does not make horsepower because the motor is heating up and the pipes are not. and again Yamaha rates it's 200 - 2002 at 135 hp and if you think you know better call yamaha I have their paper work showing stock is 135 hp, there is something else pushing going on if it is pushing 140hp.
The fact you have Mr. Viper saying cold pipes make more power than hot pipes, ya right thats why everybody that races is warming up on the line at races, call hauck or bender they will tell youo the same thing. You guys are wrong on this one but seem to think I cannot be right.

yamahauler, you have no facts to back up anything that you say, not to mention that you are for some reason, unknown to anybody here, trying to belittle or prove the people posting on this thread wrong. just because pat hauck or whoever warms their sled up on the starting line has nothing to do with whether or not warm or cold pipes make more power. One last thing, why are you being so persistant with this, if you "know" your right, why cant you just let it go? Seems like something personal if you ask me.

If i were Tom, I would lock this thread so it can be useful for somebody looking into doing this mod or paying Fix to do it. What is the sense in having all of this bullshit piling up, when the facts are on the first page or two.

there are people in here that you just dont argue with and got to have respect for. You see there names often like MRViper and Turk, and VMAXJohn and of course our web master Mr. SLed. There are a handful of guys that really know there stuff and all have the experience to back what they say, not articles in magazines or things they heard but hands on eperience.
Hauler let it go and trust what these pro's are telling you. There is no better experience then hands on. I am no pro and I value and appreciate their experience.

Harvey said:
I would like to see some more dyno runs,are there any shops in upstate NY that have a dyno service?thanks-Harvey

Harvey,

Maxximum Performance (Cohocton - South End of Canandaugua Lake), Bender Performance South of Buffalo, and Pioneer Performance south of Buffalo are all in Western NY. I don't know if they will test on Dyno's but I would try one of them.

SX700rNY

Back