New project - 91 Phazer II boondocker 144"

Looks good! I should've made a longer extension to go under the seat like you did....looks cleaner and you don't need rivets behind the seat....

now that you figured out the ski thing you will be surprised at how well those work on that sled. next best upgrade is to find the mtn skis from 99-02. same saddles but they dont taper like the srx skis, they are fat all the way back.

i actually think the tapered ones handle better on that sled than the full width ones, but that may be a personal preference. all we ride out here is deep. look for a set and compare for yourself.

That's good to hear snowdad. I was thinking these would be to narrow for the deep, which is all we ride up here too. Not mountains, but very hilly rugged terrain with tons of snow, 300" per winter is pretty normal here, that whole lake effect thing.

4' trench right there last year mid winter. We had to roll that one out. Snow gets so deep you can't walk 10' without snowshoes. I keep a pair strapped to my tunnel.

And to stay on the phazer topic I got the console and switches in last night.

Last edited:
Thanks Cooper, yours is looking kewl as well!

Maiden voyage tonight, took it for a rip around the yard. Wanted to make sure there's no issues before I bring it to camp tomorrow. Man this thing is awesome! What a hoot to ride, it's just so light and nimble, and plenty of power too I was surprised. Clutching and gearing feels right on the money. There's not a lot of snow here in town only about a foot or so left so not the ultimate test but so far so good. Can't wait to get it in the woods at camp, hopefully more snow up that way. Probably won't want to ride my ski doo anymore lol. Will get some better pics at camp tomorrow and maybe some vids.

Get er done she did! We put on about 48 miles yesterday in the woods around my camp. Need more snow, there was about 2' with maybe 4-6" fresh. Not enough to carve in and had to be real careful in the woods. I did a couple climbs in a spot I thought was safe and hit a stump and a rock with my ski doo, just nicked them fortunately. Ran the Phazer up the same hill since I knew where the landmines were now and it did really well. This was about a 600' pull and moderately steep.

Overall the phazer did really well. It ran perfect till the end and then started to foul the mag side plug. temp was about 27f and it was running a little rich. Plugs look ok but mag side was def a little richer. will have to look into it. Other than that we had no other problems. It was very fun to ride just need more snow to really put it to the test.

Here's a few pics didn't take many. You can see by the dock how deep the snow was. The sunset when we got back was beautiful!

Picked up a Venture hood complete with windshield, headlight and gauges. have to mod the hinges to fit and need to find a nose cone from a venture to finish it off. Might cut the windshield down just not sure how much yet. We're heading to camp next week to ride and will probably leave it as is for now. Got to do something about the color too.

Finally got skis on it. So what are you guys running for plastic skis on the pogo strut sleds? I haven't found anything that was a direct fit. Ended up milling, or should I say cutting, drilling and grinding out 1/2" of the saddles and cutting down the rubbers in these SRX skis I had. Really could use wider skis though. Also got the tunnel extension rivited on.
What happened to the Poo Grippers?

Yoop,
Do you think that those Poo Grippers could be made to go on a pogo Vmax. I have a line on a pair but am not familiar with them. I'm definately not opposed to moding the ski to fit. Just don't want to affect structural integrity.

Thank-you

Yoop,
Do you think that those Poo Grippers could be made to go on a pogo Vmax. I have a line on a pair but am not familiar with them. I'm definately not opposed to moding the ski to fit. Just don't want to affect structural integrity.

Thank-you

I think it would be an easy fit. Just took a close look and the base of the saddle is deep enough that you shouldn't have to cut anything out. You might have to cut a little of the front plastic cross piece but probably not much and if you have to trim anything it won't affect the integrity of the ski since it will be very minimal trimming. I love the grippers on my Summit and would love to put a set on the Phazer. Hopefully I can score a deal on some like I did last year.

I saw this posted in a thread the other day to eliminate stiff steering. I've had a problem with that if my sled sat out overnight in cold weather. Added grease zerks tonight and pumped her up.

We NEED more video's of the old girl in action! Love the build, great work!

Thanks! Headed to camp tomorrow morning for a few days of rippin up the woods! I'll try to get some but it's tough with just a phone plus we get so wrapped up with riding we fail to stop and shoot, but we'll see. Looks like plenty of snow up by my camp so riding should be great!

Got those spark plug caps replaced and she's purring good. Sleds are loaded just need to put on the covers and we're ready to go, I'm so pumped!

Back