What's 2017 Going to Bring?

I still love my old smokers but anyone that is a serious rider and says they prefer their old 2 stroke to a new sr viper has not rode one. Now if you prefer to jump ship to another brand so be it, some nice sleds out there these days. But after buying and getting some seat time in on my wifes 2016 sr viper LTX i must say come next year the old vipers will probably never leave the garage. You will wonder how you ever rode the old stuff for so long, Not even in the same ball park. The ride is amazing to say the least, I describe it to a slot car with a couch for a seat. Cant wait to spring check mine! Come on March 1st.

The new 4 strokes are nice, smooth power and very nice soft suspension, even if I could afford one I don't think I'd want one. After riding one a couple of weeks ago it felt nice to get back on my SRX. Snowmobiling to me is the sound and smell of a two stroke. I'll probably still be riding an SRX when I'm 80 years old, if I live that long! :2strokes:

Next year the 2018 yamaha sled release will be cats 2018 line-up minus there two-strokes.Big four becomes the big three......happening before our eyes(This partnership makes money,at the expense of the faithful hoping for a new 100% yamaha sled).

Last edited:
Next year the 2018 yamaha sled release will be cats 2018 line-up minus there two-strokes.Big four becomes the big three......happening before our eyes(This partnership makes money,at the expense of the faithful hoping for a new 100% yamaha sled).

I wonder how much longer Mark Lester will keep telling us Yamaha is "injecting" their dna into the viper when Yamaha built sleds cease to exist and Yamaha sled production consists of telling Arctic Cat how many units they need to make in blue and red each year.

I wonder how much longer Mark Lester will keep telling us Yamaha is "injecting" their dna into the viper when Yamaha built sleds cease to exist and Yamaha sled production consists of telling Arctic Cat how many units they need to make in blue and red each year.

As long as Mark Lester gets these so-called exclusive,behind the scenes interviews for that over-rated sled mag:dead:)

I've never been more happier or comfortable on a sled in my life. This viper kicks arse! It's definitely a couch or a lazy boy...whatever you wana call it. 1000+kms and never been happier! I kind of wish I hadve waited for the 17's like I said I would, but I just couldn't wait any longer...best thing those 2 companies ever did!

Go buy a Skidoo if your not happy with Yamaha.... pretty simple solution.

That's a perfect solution but would require people to make a decision that would make them ineligible to complain about their current situation which would cause even more agony in their lives.

Life is hard for some.

lol

opsled

The new 4 strokes are nice, smooth power and very nice soft suspension, even if I could afford one I don't think I'd want one. After riding one a couple of weeks ago it felt nice to get back on my SRX. Snowmobiling to me is the sound and smell of a two stroke. I'll probably still be riding an SRX when I'm 80 years old, if I live that long! :2strokes:

I am with you .Like my SRX to much to switch.Love the 2 strokers.

I don't know which model you rode or for how long but I'm just the opposite, once in a while I feel the need to ride one of the SRX'S. After a couple minutes turn around, put it away, and wonder why the heck I rode them for so long.

Each sled has a purpose.The pro-action chassis seating was very low to the ground,so they carve a corner better than any rider-forward sled.Rider-forward requires using your legs more but it saves your back in the long run over the moguls..Cross-country running give me rider-forward.On a smooth river run SRX all the way.Every sledder should try an SRX once in there life.

Agreed! I did 250kms on my new viper on Friday and although the trails were 90% groomed I would've been sore as f*** if I was on my old srx just from the seating position alone...knees above my waist, hunched over etc. Back, knees and hips would've been extremely sore! Nothing on my body hurt yesterday or today.

Last edited:
I've never had a problem with the suspension or seating postion on my proaction sleds. I've ran them all day without being sore, but.....the body does take a beating on the days when the trails are all whooped out. They do a pretty good job of keeping the trails smooth around my area so the proaction suspension works just fine for me.

I think alot of us still prefer a Yamaha sled over the other makes. It just didn't sit well with alot of us when our favorite team joins with another that we always made fun of broke down on the trail.

Kind of like being a Packer fan and having Bret Farve joining the Vikings.

Hey I'm proud of my country. Don't like where it's been going the past couple years. I'll sit and bitch about our government. Sure as hell not moving to another country though.

My buddy has a SR Viper and he likes the sled for the most part but hates the seat. Wishes it had a softer seat with the saddle in the back to hold butt in place like the older sleds.

2018(50th anv of sled division)will be the tale of the tape on what direction yamaha is headed,put all the eggs in the basket with cat or cut the cord and release an all new platform from japan.I will never complain about my phazer seat again after hearing people describe the pro-cross seat:yam:

2018(50th anv of sled division)will be the tale of the tape on what direction yamaha is headed,put all the eggs in the basket with cat or cut the cord and release an all new platform from japan.I will never complain about my phazer seat again after hearing people describe the pro-cross seat:yam:

I love the phazer seat. For a stand up rider it works perfect. I can see it being a bit firm for long trail riders though.

If they come out with something new for us off-trail guys, that's not just an extended version of the viper, I will probably go down to my local shop in Curtis, and give him my money on Wednesday. Come on! Please! I'll keep dreaming....

Back