What's 2017 Going to Bring?

I just checked over on the 4s forum...man there's a lot of doo haters there. Pure Yamaha enthusiasts to put it nicely! Anyone got anything new to share?

And a large portion of the population here on the two stroke side are four stroke haters so there is bias everywhere.

Me?, I like two strokes, four strokes, Yamaha and own all three. Don't hate any sled but will only ride Yamaha.

opsled

I just checked over on the 4s forum...man there's a lot of doo haters there. Pure Yamaha enthusiasts to put it nicely! Anyone got anything new to share?
Skidoo really hit a home run with a new engine aimed at destroying the old 4 stroke lasts longer argument. Put those same features in a 600 etec and it will literally last forever.

Regardless what Yamaha comes out with I'll still ride my old sleds. The only problem I have is 70 miles and I'm pulling up to the gas pump. The first add Yamaha put out sounded 2 strokish to me. But like everyone says is they'll never go down that road again. The biggest problem is economy. People are not buying a new sled every other year like they used to in the 80's and 90's That and winters haven't been like they used to be every year. I know you've all heard it before.

Anyway hopefully Yamaha cuts the cord with cat and goes back to building a solid, well put together sled that can hold its own or surpass the competition. From entry level bare bone trail sled to a high end top performer.

In regards to the HP numbers, I think Doo claimed it was originally 155, and they had a 3rd party dyno say it was 163.something. So, they're going at 10 over their originally claimed number from the 800 motor, that's the way I am understanding it. I agree, either way, even if it does stay the same HP, it's a BIG improvement. Especially if that new clutch puts more of the available HP to the track. 6 more days and we'll know what we're getting/not getting from big blue.

On ski doos website they themselves have the 800 listed as 163 and the 850 as 165. Think their saying the 800 has 155 to make the 850 seem like it has more.

Really? Huh. I could have swore, when I bought my smut 2 years ago, there was a little asterisk thingy next to the claimed HP number on the website, and the disclaimer below it said 3rd party dyno. Probably just lawyer speak so if someone else ran it on a dyno and got a lower number, they could just say "it wasn't us!". That's what I get for not paying attention, more yellow koolaid please. OR, give us off-trail guys a comparable mountain sled (450 ish pounds) with a 4 stroke. I'd try it! I'm not super brand loyal either. I just wanted to try something new that best suited my riding style, like everyone else. Still a little sad about not having my old girl in the stable. I still go back and look at pictures of it sometimes. Anyone out there have a 2004 MM or 2006 MV still in a crate?

I still love my old smokers but anyone that is a serious rider and says they prefer their old 2 stroke to a new sr viper has not rode one. Now if you prefer to jump ship to another brand so be it, some nice sleds out there these days. But after buying and getting some seat time in on my wifes 2016 sr viper LTX i must say come next year the old vipers will probably never leave the garage. You will wonder how you ever rode the old stuff for so long, Not even in the same ball park. The ride is amazing to say the least, I describe it to a slot car with a couch for a seat. Cant wait to spring check mine! Come on March 1st.

I still love my old smokers but anyone that is a serious rider and says they prefer their old 2 stroke to a new sr viper has not rode one. Now if you prefer to jump ship to another brand so be it, some nice sleds out there these days. But after buying and getting some seat time in on my wifes 2016 sr viper LTX i must say come next year the old vipers will probably never leave the garage. You will wonder how you ever rode the old stuff for so long, Not even in the same ball park. The ride is amazing to say the least, I describe it to a slot car with a couch for a seat. Cant wait to spring check mine! Come on March 1st.[/QUOTE

I think a lot of use still ride our 2 smokes due to the price of the new sleds. I would love a new one. Just have other things I need more...

The Scooby-doo. That's funny stuff right there, hadn't seen that one yet. The daffy pic...wow...I don't think you could get any closer if you actually tried.

Back