Guess what sled is being pampered again!

ON the belt drive, as we just weighed before we left the shop, there is absolutely no weight loss or gain when using this system. The stock chaincase is 12.75 pounds and so is the belt drive system. The huge advantage this has is faster speeds all the way around because it doesn't have to fight all of the chaincase oil. It is also much less spining weight because the belt is much lighter then the chain and our gears are made of aluminum. Our housing to the system is actually heavier then stock. It also adds a pretty D*** good look if you ask me. Thanks

Last edited:
how much does that belt drive run if it were to be put into production? if you do the belt, you should do a lightweight wave rotor, and hub. that'd look killer sittin behind them pulleys!!! good update by the way, looks sweet ;)!

Alright boys, I am down at the shop right now and need some opinions on what to do, below are the pictures of the polished cylinders (look awsome) and I am wondering if I should still strip and polish the heads. It is not a problem for me to do it but I want to make sure it looks nice. If I polish the heads, I am going to anodize the head bolts blue to keep contrast. If I leave the heads blue, I am chroming the head bolts. I am leaning more towards polishing heads to really make it shine but I want to hear what you guys are thinking. Let me know, thanks.

Attachments

• DCAM0143.JPG
    DCAM0143.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 19
  • DCAM0144.JPG
    DCAM0144.JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 12
  • DCAM0145.JPG
    DCAM0145.JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 12
Please let me know what to do for the post above, I still have not stripped them and I intend I doing something today. Here is the water rail that has been polished. Another question, should I put the SRX 700 sticker back on the water rail or leave it off. Thanks guys and let me know what I should do. Thanks

Attachments

• DCAM0146.JPG
    DCAM0146.JPG
    44.2 KB · Views: 6
  • DCAM0147.JPG
    DCAM0147.JPG
    36 KB · Views: 9
  • DCAM0148.JPG
    DCAM0148.JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 9
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMNN!!!!!!!! if i were you, i would strip and polish the heads, chrome the bolts, and i got something for ya that you can anodize blue and it would look SAAWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!! can't tell ya what it is yet, i haven't gotten it myself, junior knows what i'm talking about. it would look killer!!! nice job, i'm def. jealous!!!

hey, i got a question. what if one were to sand down the casting numbers and the little plug stickin out (bottom right on the middle cylinder in the bottom left picture) on the cylinders? not take away strength or weight persay, just smooth everything out and give it a cleaner look. any drawbacks to this?

We are going to leave it the way it is, however, I do not believe there would be any drawbacks to this. Another option is to fill up the area with a weld and sand it down and polish that. I don't mind because you would really have to look hard to notice that any way.

personally i would leave the heads & crome the bolts & anodize the bolts for the water rail blue.now that i say that it does sound a little cheesy...ummm.....i would do just the opposite of what i just said...that work is ridculise.how much time in the clyinders& rail?& if ya dont mind what did u use.

lol, a good amount of time was put into the cylinders and water rail. I did the touch up work on them today and they came out nicely. I just used a rouge compound on a 2 hp wheel and pushed hard. I made sure I had a very firm grip on the cylinders when polishing, I cannot afford to buy new ones. It came out nice and tomorrow the heads are getting stripped and polished. We are going to try to be down at the shop around 9 tomorrow. Thanks for the input on the heads, helped me make my mind.

looks amazing. cant decide on the head, but I think put the srx 700 sticker back on the rail :) looking GREAT!

I decided what to do on the head. I sanded and polished the heads and it came out nicely. In the first picture, I stripped the paint off the heads using aircraft paint remover. In the second picture, two of the cylinders are polshing and one is bare. I am painting the bolts blue for a great contrast but as you can see it came out great. I am very pleased so far and I am painting the bolts today. Let me know what you think. Also, I am putting the sticker back on the water rail. Let me know what you think of the cylinders and heads and water rail. Thanks

Attachments

• PA231934.JPG
    PA231934.JPG
    81.6 KB · Views: 8
  • PA231936.JPG
    PA231936.JPG
    85.3 KB · Views: 13
  • PA231937.JPG
    PA231937.JPG
    86.5 KB · Views: 8
  • PA231938.JPG
    PA231938.JPG