Venture Conversion

n2oiroc said:
same day is fine. if you follow the guide that came with the paint it will turn out great every time. i usually wait 45 minutes before i clear it.

Thanks.

Redmater: Yup, Base coat, Clear coat. "NEXA Autocolor 2K" by PPG cause I'm too cheap to go to the place that sells the Dupont products.

A Better Day

Here's some more pics. Had a much better day today. Sanded my runs out last night. Shot a couple more color coats to even things up, and put the clear on. Keep in mind this is my first ever paint job that didn't come out of a rattle can, so no nit-picking. ;):D

1: Sanded out and re-colored.
2: Red Yamaha saddleless ski handle sitting next to hood.
3: Look, it's glossy
4: More Glossy
5: Red ski and handle beside glossy hood.

LaLaLa

Attachments

• better1.jpg
    better1.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 29
  • better2.jpg
    better2.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 27
  • better3.jpg
    better3.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 30
  • better4.jpg
    better4.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 30
  • better5.jpg
    better5.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 37
looks good, now hurry up and put it together so we can see what it looks like!!! also, you didn't paint the skis or loops did you? looks niiiiiiiiiiice!!!

n2oiroc said:
lookin good. did it turn out ok?

Thanks, and yes, for my first job and my "no draft" booth I like how it turned out.

Yamyrider: Thanks

mountainman said:
That Looks sweet man, what is the color combo ur goin with? Its problt already posted but i dont wanna read...lol

Thanks. Basically, powder coated red rear suspension except for white w-arm/rear arms and transfer rods. I want to change the wheels but may try painting them. The front suspension will be Red except for the springs and steering arms. Dash and mirrors will be painted white. There's a red Yamaha seat going on as well.

sxviper32 said:
looks good, now hurry up and put it together so we can see what it looks like!!! also, you didn't paint the skis or loops did you? looks niiiiiiiiiiice!!!

No kidding!!! Nope, the ski loops are factory Yamaha red. Brand spanking new.

Today is Powder White Day

Got my first batch of powder coating back today. Hood screens and front springs. Dude said the screens would cost $40 CAN plus shipping to do. He can work deals where the springs would be an additional $10 on top of the screens if you sent them at the same time. www.sespowdercoating.com

Anyway, I have some pics.

Attachments

• white5.jpg
    white5.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 26
  • white4.jpg
    white4.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 22
  • white3.jpg
    white3.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 22
  • white2.jpg
    white2.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 20
  • white1.jpg
    white1.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 21
looks ok, have to see the sled all done. red may be better, but have to see it all done like I said :) are you planning on keeping the HUGE touring windshield or going either low or stock sxr height? coming right along!

the mirrors stand out too much in white. I would go the red/orange. And as someone suggested get a diferent windy or cut yours down.
You are doing an A+ job. Can't wait to see more.

REDMATER said:
here is a thought,put the red maple leaf on the leading side of the mirror in the same color red

that is a great idea, the white alone is a bit much but the leafs would set it all off perfectly.

great idea mater.

i think that the sled looks awesome. great to see someone doing a conversion from a two up to a more aggressive looking sled. my uncle has a venture with 11,000 miles on it and it is still running strong. i love the colors but i think that the mirrors should go and that the windshield should be cut down to barely cover the guage pod, and painted white. Then you can get white hand guards and a riser block. If you really want mirrors i saw some guys mounting small ones on the back side of their hand guards. It is a lot sleeker and the handguards work great. Just my opinion though, keep us posted it is looking great...

Back