The skinny on Yamalube (by nosboy)

see, we are getting cabin fever since there is not rideable snow yet....

btw, I use Amsoil, and like it in my VES 600 polaris. The valves have not yet needed to be cleaned since I switched to Amsoil. that was like 5 years ago.

Does anyone know which 20 zillion gallon vat the Arctic Blue injection oil comes from? fleet and farm sells it, and we use it in all the sleds that are not powervalved.
You can't beat the price, and I have used it in our Indy Trail, the indy500, the XCR 600, the panther we had ( don't ask), and our sl650 PWC for a ton of miles with no engine issues at all.

more than likely I will use the arctic blue inj oil in the venture we just picked up.
I hear the 600 twins are oil guzzlers, so cheap is good for oil...

horkn said:
I hear the 600 twins are oil guzzlers, so cheap is good for oil...
No not really,,, only if the throttle end play and the Pump isn't set right OR the pump is going bad(it'll go to full stroke)and dump oil in the motor.

all my twins are very good on oil i think..

Last edited:
arctic blue = YAMALUBE blue...... arctic green = YAMALUBE green (synthetic)

daman said:
No not really,,, only if the throttle end play and the Pump isn't set right OR the pump is going bad(it'll go to full stroke)and dump oil on the motor.

all my twins are very good on oil i think..

so, to check this, I just make sure that the oil pump cable is not opening before the carb cable moves, and the throttle cable pulls the carb slides when it is supposed to, right??

also, the oil pump should return to the return stop as soon as you let off the gas, like any other sled, correct?

horkn said:
so, to check this, I just make sure that the oil pump cable is not opening before the carb cable moves, and the throttle cable pulls the carb slides when it is supposed to, right???

RIGHT!!! there is specs for these settings if interested try a search, posted
before.:)

horkn said:
also, the oil pump should return to the return stop as soon as you let off the gas, like any other sled, correct?
Right again :)

Friend swears by Klotz and loves the smell, will have to see what his prices are and maybe get sone this year.

Just to add something similar about oil types. When I got out of college, I worked at a bottleing plant for everything from oils to waxes & cleaners. For example one day we were running "Meijer" store brand oil...then we switched the bottles, lables & started to run Ford Motorcraft oil from the same tank of oil. Same thing with waxes, cleaners...tons of stuff. You could start a Totally Yamaha brand & choose any oil you wanted as long as the formula wasn't owned outright by a company. We had formulas that we patented, then sold the rights for it to be marketed by several different brands. Happens all the time. In fact, several competeing brands are actually owned by the same parent company...crazy stuff. BTW...I just by Meijer oil for half the price of any brand name oil.

I SWEAR BY KLOTZ,,, always have and PROBABLY always will.. I have talked extensively with the people at BLUe MARBLE and although NOT SYNTHETIC,,, I FAVOR their additive package also!!!!

Thanks FRO!!! I have been telling people about that for YEARS and they still don't get it!!!

I've just been MAKING ALL THIS STUFF UP all these years!!!! I am a pretty good Bullshitter arent I????

Back