what do you tow with?

I got my new Yamaha hauler on Thursday... I love it... It works awesome.

Last edited:

2004 Chevy Duramax Crew Cab shortbox LS
w/TY sticker in the bottom right corner of the back windshield. ;)!
Room for 6 people ;)!

I haven't towed with it yet, but this winter I will be taking it out to the Black Hills at least twice and probably to the mountains once too. ;)!

Attachments

• Duramax 1.jpg
    Duramax 1.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 5
I actually really like the new chevy motors, more stock hp and tq than the others! thats a big step compared to the old chevy diesels lol! guy I know has one and actually gets like 22 mpg, and not being gentle with it at all :)

My new hauler

Just kidding, saw this in a parking lot and had to shoot some pics.

Attachments

• Truck 001.jpg
    Truck 001.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 4
  • Truck 002.jpg
    Truck 002.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 4
  • Truck 003.jpg
    Truck 003.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 7
Thanks Viperguy, We love it. There's only one problem, the gas mileage is awful with the V8 when towing at higher speeds. Keep it at 60 you're good to go, around 75-80 and you're in the single digits.

YS

what kind of ileage? I am hoping to gte some sort of yota-mobile for towing and truck-like duties. maybe an FJ cruiser or a 4 runner

YamiSmurf said:
Thanks Viperguy, We love it. There's only one problem, the gas mileage is awful with the V8 when towing at higher speeds. Keep it at 60 you're good to go, around 75-80 and you're in the single digits.

YS
with a trailer, your supose to go the truck speed limit (unless you fall into a very narrow group). thats 55 in MI. not that anyone bothers to go that slow, and the cops don't enforce it much. but if you run into a real prick, your in deep doo doo.

03viperguy said:
what kind of ileage? I am hoping to gte some sort of yota-mobile for towing and truck-like duties. maybe an FJ cruiser or a 4 runner

Viperguy, I get 18 or so mpg towing a 12' floe gullwing with two sleds and all the gear going 60 mph. At 75 mph that v8 sucks up the gas and only seem to get 9 or so mpg. Big difference in mpg and really don't save that much time. So I usually cruise at 60.

YS

aSRX600guy said:
with a trailer, your supose to go the truck speed limit (unless you fall into a very narrow group). thats 55 in MI. not that anyone bothers to go that slow, and the cops don't enforce it much. but if you run into a real prick, your in deep doo doo.

Thanks SRXGuy, I didn't know that. Certainly don't want a ticket. I do usually drive 60 when towing and get many looks. But wanted to see the mileage difference traveling at a higher speeds vs. lower.

YS

Here is A picture of my wife's new 07 Chevrolet Avalanche (are new tow vehicle) for the Viper and the Apex.

Attachments

• 22e780e00[1].jpg
    22e780e00[1].jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 13
the new chevys apeal to me a LOT. they look to be made a lot better than before. how do you like it overall? give us a full report on how it is so far!!!! looks fantastic by the way :)

Back