what do you tow with?

03viperguy said:
the new chevys apeal to me a LOT. they look to be made a lot better than before. how do you like it overall? give us a full report on how it is so far!!!! looks fantastic by the way :)

I have an 06 GMC 2500HD 4X4. I find that it is too tall for me to get in and out of for a daily driver. We had 285s put on and the front bars tweeked when we bought it tho so that put it up a bit. It has the 6 liter motor. We did the math on gas milage VS diesel milage VS cost. Would take like 30 years to make up the differance.

The thing tows great. We pull a 7K trailer with it. Gets about 6-8 towing tho, little dissapointing.... Will see what it does after it has a few miles on it. If I had it to do over (couple years) I will buy a GMC 1500 Dunalli. It will tow our trailer just fine and would be a much nicer daily driver.

Nice Rides guys. Hopefully I'll be able to afford some of the diesel power, but right know I have slide in the passenger side of my dad's 04 D-MAX with a Aluminum enclosed snopro behind it. Here is my little gas saver... for what its worth

Attachments

• gold.JPG
    gold.JPG
    124.3 KB · Views: 7
I have a 03 2500 dodge ram with 315 BF AT's and a 3 inch lift. I pull my two place enclosed everywhere.

I also have a 28ft haulmark race enclosed car trailer. Anyone pulled a big car trailer in the snow? I've thought about loading it up with sleds towing it up North 6-7 hours, but I have no idea how such a big trailer would act in the snow???? Anyone pull a big trailer?

I do have sway bars and weight distribution bars on it.........

I think it should pull just fine. You are driving a Dodge. You won't get the best of gas mileage. Try to get the trailer full and take a couple extra snowmobiles to split fuel cost.

I have 2
The blue one for local logging roads (1990 F350 with aluminum flatbed, 6"lift and 35's)
Silver one for day to day or longer trips (2004 Toyota 4Runner Limited V8 )

Attachments

• truck small.jpg
    truck small.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 13
  • 4Runner.jpg
    4Runner.jpg
    423.7 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
I tow with a 2004 F-150 FX4, Has the 5.4L Triton Engine

I attached a pic of it from the dealer Lot, I don't have a recent Pic of it. I need to get some.

Attachments

• New Truck.jpg
    New Truck.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 6
vvviperwes said:
Duramax is the only way to go!! yah

They are nice yes, but really a Duramax is overkill to tow a couple sleds. Unless your towing a large trailer and racing gear. But a typical 2 place sled and 2 sleds, a car can pull that. but hell my 5.4 is overkill too :rofl:

when Im not riding with my boss using his 03 dodge cummins crew cab short box and a 26' inclosed trailer Ill be using my 01 dodge reg cab long box 4x4 with only 90k on the clock.

Attachments

• IMGP0028.JPG
    IMGP0028.JPG
    153.5 KB · Views: 11
2006 Dodge Ram 1500...

got a hemi?

dscf1246gz4.jpg
[/IMG] ;)! :letitsnow

Think its a '87 24? passenger bus. Big carbed ford 460ci? Dont pay alot of attention. Just gets me to the races and back ;)!

Attachments

• racers4a.JPG
    racers4a.JPG
    158.5 KB · Views: 18
04 nissan Titan. Boy does it tow! 11 mpg 80 mph, best ruck i've ever had. This is fully loaded, 2 sleds, 16 mpg @ 70 mph. Rides like chivy, durable as a toyota :winterrul

Last edited:
Black 06 GMC 1500 4x4 ext cab Max package 6.0 litre 360 HP. 05 Sled bed 2 up trailer. I will get a pic of the truck, trailer and sleds when the snow gets here. Can't get the sleds out of the gerage yet.

Back