what do you tow with?

I just love the cruiser's look, and offroad capabilities. The lift has changed....it's going to be a 3" suspension lift now, and 35" BF Mud terrains, on 17's. Man I can't wait to get it. These are the rims I'm going to be running. 17x9 Dick Cepek DC-1's in black. 4.5" backspacing, -12mm offset. I have to cut down the body mounts a bit to fit the 35's with a 3" lift.

Attachments

• DC1_BlackLg.jpg
    DC1_BlackLg.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 11

some more cruiser pics for ya's
They had a test drive track at SEMA. I never got a chance to go try one out, but they handled the test track pretty good. I don't think these three were at all stock tho. They were optioned differently but I recall the blue one had lockers.
toytest6.JPG

toytest5.JPG

toytest9.JPG

toytest8.JPG

fj40.jpg

I love cruisers, and I have never actually off roaded lol! most I would do would be running fire roads. not a lot of spots to (legally) do it around here. but, would solve my need for something that can haul a trailer, haul a load (in the back) and get decent mileage :) and look cool doing it all lol!

I tow with an 06 F-250 crew cab powerstroke. I pull a 4 place enclosed aluminum haulmark and usually haul an 02 Viper, 03 Viper and 06 Attak...drf

dlange said:
nice rigs everyone. Overkill is about right. Sleds and trailers dont really weight that much. Boys and our toys! lol ;)!

no, but a wrx / impreza is not rated to tow 1500 lbs either...

I pull my sleds when I have to with my 04 v8 4runner, or my 93 ZJ jeep GC.

I usually just drive to my cottage where the sleds are kept and don't haul anywhere near what I used to. for em I could get away with the wrx subie, and have thought about it as a spare car.

YamiSmurf said:
Thanks Viperguy, We love it. There's only one problem, the gas mileage is awful with the V8 when towing at higher speeds. Keep it at 60 you're good to go, around 75-80 and you're in the single digits.

YS

really?
our 04 v8 4runner with the 4.7liter v8, and of course 4wd gets great gas mileage even when towing my 4000 lb ski Nautique. Even at higher freeway speeds 75-80, it gets a nice 18mpg while towing, and we have bigger tires on our than stock.

not towing it gets over 20mpg, and the avg mpg for the truck with city driving, hauling a 3000lb + uhaul trailer all the way from portland OR to WI in Jan of 04, in addition to hauling my ski nautique all over reads like 19mpg for the 66,000 miles we have put on it since new.

03viperguy said:
friend has a 00 or maybe an 01 chevy 2500 HD with the 8.1 litre. now THAT friggen thing tows anything!!! lol!

Yep, I've got a buddy with an 8.1l v8 2500. totally overkill for his 17 ft boat, and horrible gas mileage, but he could tow whatever he wanted to. you would just need to buy the gas. LOL

lol, yeah he tries to use his bike when he can and the weather is nice. his ducati gets like 40 mpg, his truck... about 10-12 :)

Pics of the ice berg....

Attachments

• Cruise 278 (Small).jpg
    Cruise 278 (Small).jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 10
  • Cruise 277 (Small).jpg
    Cruise 277 (Small).jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 10
  • Cruise 280 (Small).jpg
    Cruise 280 (Small).jpg
    55 KB · Views: 5
  • Cruise 281 (Small).jpg
    Cruise 281 (Small).jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 10
Coles, although not my first choice as a truck yours looks good.

I have an 06 GMC 2500HD and complain about what it takes to get in and out of it. How long have you been driving it like that? Any issues from driving it with that lift? U joints, ball joints, CV joints, vibrations? Have you gotten tired of having it that high? Does the height make it less useful as a tow vehicle? I already have my hitch as low as it will go to tow my travel trailer and a very deep drop hitch to haul my sled trailer. How do you get around that?

That is one of the lift kits brands I looked at while at SEMA last year although I wouldn't consider one as tall as yours. Considering lifting the front of ours to level it. I also have a light rub at lock . Also only ~33" tire.

Very eye catching truck! Bet you get a lot of looks as you drive by.

Not that tall only 6 foot......Been driving it for about 3 years lifted with only really 2 issues. One issue I had was with the driveshaft, had to have a custom one made up for the rear, and the second issue was fuel mileage, had to put in 4.56 gears to get the mileage back up. Towing is a pain, cause my trailer is only a place so its too small behind it, but it works to pull it. I have towed my buddies 4 place inclosed with it full and one in the bed and it pulled fine until we hit a white out and then we had to stop.

Thanks guys! Hopefully I will be getting some new tires soon but I cannot stop spending money on my new sled...

Coles_55 said:
Thanks guys! Hopefully I will be getting some new tires soon but I cannot stop spending money on my new sled...

How well I understand that issue. I have two jeeps that are constantly upgraded, broken, fixed. I have two sleds that are starting to age a bit and as someone else put it, I have caught the "mod bug". I have the 06 GMC 2500HD we bought new. We accessorized most of it straight from the dealer and ordered exactly the truck we wanted. But there is always something... Right now I want to do exhaust, shocks and lift. My daughter drives my previous toy. 2001 supercharged Grand Prix. So there is always something for that. She was voted as nicest car in her graduating class. :) I also have issues with other hobbies. Bit really hard by the electronics progression. You know how that goes, gotta have that plasma screen and 7.1 surround in your bedroom and the biggest fastest possible computer in your office, right?

I will upload some pics of a very nice chevy 3500HD duramax my brother in law (my ticket to SEMA) drives. It is pretty conservative as it is used for serious hauling. But the work he has done to it really makes it stand out and perform like an unleashed animal.

Nice, ya like to see those pictures. My next thing after I graduate this spring will be a house and a wedding to pay for so looks like the mods will be on a hault for a while...

JeepTherapy said:
How well I understand that issue. I have two jeeps that are constantly upgraded, broken, fixed. I have two sleds that are starting to age a bit and as someone else put it, I have caught the "mod bug". I have the 06 GMC 2500HD we bought new. We accessorized most of it straight from the dealer and ordered exactly the truck we wanted. But there is always something... Right now I want to do exhaust, shocks and lift. My daughter drives my previous toy. 2001 supercharged Grand Prix. So there is always something for that. She was voted as nicest car in her graduating class. :) I also have issues with other hobbies. Bit really hard by the electronics progression. You know how that goes, gotta have that plasma screen and 7.1 surround in your bedroom and the biggest fastest possible computer in your office, right?

I will upload some pics of a very nice chevy 3500HD duramax my brother in law (my ticket to SEMA) drives. It is pretty conservative as it is used for serious hauling. But the work he has done to it really makes it stand out and perform like an unleashed animal.

you do know what JEEP stands for, right???

Just
Empty
Every
Pocket

LOL

I love my ZJ though.... Even with 160k on her, I had to put in a BB 2" lift since I needed new shocks anyway :)

then I bought new ravine rims to put on my bigger BFG AT's.. blah blah blah. $ $ $

:D

Coles_55 said:
Nice, ya like to see those pictures. My next thing after I graduate this spring will be a house and a wedding to pay for so looks like the mods will be on a hault for a while...

I am almsot the same boat as you.. House, then Wedding, but I will still mod..... :WayCool:

Hey Dave, we need to get together some evening with Scott & Galle to figure out sled trips this year... Oh, here's my yanker...... 2006 GMC 2500 w/ 6.6 duramax diesel and a 25th anniversary Featherlite 20' + 4' V. We've had 5 sleds plus gear in it before... Not that I want to do that again, but we could if we had to.

Attachments

• featherlite-2.jpg
    featherlite-2.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 4
  • after-6.jpg
    after-6.jpg
    454.9 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
here is my 2002 chevy 3/4 ton 6.0 liter chevy. and 2008 nash 6 place snowmobile trailer.

Attachments

• 100_0971 (2).jpg
    100_0971 (2).jpg
    211.4 KB · Views: 3
  • front truck (2).jpg
    front truck (2).jpg
    208.1 KB · Views: 6
  • trailer 2 (2).jpg
    trailer 2 (2).jpg
    205.5 KB · Views: 6
  • trailer 3 (2).jpg
    trailer 3 (2).jpg