2007 - New Spy Pic!

Zachalyse said:
Speed sells.

Fun sells too, along with new riding area opportunities a narrow play sled will open up. Miles and miles of mountain bike trails go unused around me in state parks, recreation areas, and even public hunting lands during the winter, too steep in parts for cc-ski, but if I had a 36" wide SnoBlaster, woo-hoo!

What sells the most? SNOW!

Sheomet said:
Isn't the 600/120hp class the largest market?
yes it is. the f6 is said to be lighter and a lot more fun on the trails. but the f7 wins across the lake, so it gets more press

Everyone is talking about a lower HP sled for the racers, the 440 racers are pushing 115 to 120 HP right now. If Yamaha doesnt atleast hit that mark, with what I hope is a "Ditchbanger", I think they missed the boat again!IMO

Let us all pray!! :yrules:

yes, the 440 RACE sleds. imited build and not really trailable. 100 hp would be fine for a trail sled. if they feel like making a highly tuned race version with more that would be cool too :)

My 00 SnoPro was rated @ 105 to 110, I have to believe in the last 6 years theyve added 5 to 10 Hp.

Mountain Max..... Way Up There

No way – people live in Churchill Falls?????

My Dad was the electrical superintendent building that project way back. You may have heard stories of how many men died some just from the stress. My Dad went bald – but it grew back when he got transferred to Sri lanka. I remember bouncing along the road when the truck in front of us flipped carrying explosives. Dad got out and got things calmed down – as he was aware it wouldn’t blow without caps.

Anyway – I ended up there for awhile cause I had a hoar of a car accident (drunk hit me) and my Ma was there also – they had one of the real nice trailers.

Won my first ever sled race in the first annual Churchill race. We had Doo’s flown in from Corner Brook. We bought a few and I rented them out for a job. With our few plus others - there were about 20 sleds.

You other guys don’t get what COLD is till you been there. And once – I got lost “in camp” during a whiteout. Absolutely beautiful place – in the winter. Actually it’s dry cold so you don’t feel it – but it can do the same damage.

The only way in was by plane at that time – I think there was some kind of work train as well.

Churchill Falls – too bad Dad wasn’t still around so I could show him the pics.

Your shop almost looks like the old sheet metal shop.
:kw

Hey RJH our shop is the old machinist shop, youre right, and I grew up here, came here in 1974. Not much has changed here over the years,

As for 110 HP 440 in 2000 please show me a link to any sites that show that much HP please someone.

I have seen full blown Race 440 engines made that make 120HP but nothing stock in any bought sled, only custom engines bought for Champ Racers..... Again please someone show me some info if i am wrong.

I am with you mountainmax, only the high comp race sleds make that kind of power. they seem to have only improved the chassis the 440 motors sit in. and a few things to improve low end etc (Powervalves)

There's lots of 4-stroke outboard motors to speculate on. Or maybe the 660cc single 5-valve Rhino motor. It gonna be light and small. Maybe 13.5" track, keep it really light with low rotating mass, would still have good zip even with 60hp. Think Lotus Elise of snowmobiles, the Elise has 190hp but does 0-60 in under 5 seconds due to its under 2,000lbs curb weight, it has unreal handling.

How many ponies did the old 440 liquid cooled SRX have and the old 440 ss really ran pretty strong also for what it was.

What I found interesting about this picture is the fact that a sled is driving out of a trailer but no pictures of the sled all the way out of the trailer. Seems like they leaked the photo on purpose. Not that it matters, but kind of interesting.

Yeah this is a tease photo forsure, taken that way. as for the SRX 440's I have one, mine is an 1980 model at 80 HP stock, the 77 SRX440 and 78 SSR440 had almost identical engines at 96Hp Stock, I have been wondering why no stock manufacturer has gone much above this number in almost 30 years, is amazing..... the Full race aftermarket motors 440 put out 120 max and they have special heads with lots of ports and all kinds of unreliable mods, the highest stocker i seen is the 105 Arctic cat, with others right at it's heals......

afriend of mine was out in the snowies in Dec and said Yamaha was out in the medicine bow area and every time they would get close Yamaha covered SLEDS and waited for them to go past they were taking shots going down the trails etc........
He rides a poo so it didnot enterest him. and when we were there in Feb, we say a ramp they said Yamaha brought in for Jimmy Blaze

Last edited:
that spy pics gotta be the real thing. on yamahas site the preview picture there that says the snow comes off feb 13, u can see the same spindles for the front suspension and the front grab bar/bumper assembly is there.

i just hope this thing has a decent motor. i am very anxious and excited though, god i dont wanna be let down. please have atleast 100 horse.

Back