AC ProViper

you are a mans man and a true craftsman with metal!! nice work all around! and ALWAYS nice to her a guy with a cat that likes a yami motor lol!

that is the nices snopro i have ever seen with the custom tunnel it look beter and with the yamaha 700 triple it a reliabl sled so what did u top it out at or have u hade the chance

Yes, I had a chance. This is the result...

IMG_1176.jpg

Lower connection rod bearing gave up and piston hit to the head. Hopeully I can build it again this weekend. Tomorrow I´m getting another engine to replace it.

No more like 90 mph. I have 440 gearing, that makes it nice and snappy for me.

Don´t know. It sounded like there was a piston ring going, but it wasn´t that. That engine was originally from burned sled, so the crankshaft seals might have gone bad.

Well, now I have new engine and I´m making some improvements to it before I place it to my sled.

Well, new engine is on it´s place and works great. I raised the compression abit and did some portwork. I also have Reimond´s clutch kit and it works like a dream.

Here´s a picture of the new engine going in place. (bad sellphone picture...sorry)

kuva033us9.jpg

and here´s the sled ready to go tomorrow morning.

img1187ln6.jpg

man that thing looks wild!! glad to hear you got her back up and screaming.
Pat

Here´s few pics of it in action. Pics are taken from a videoclip so those aren´t so good.

MOV01128_0003.jpg

MOV01127_0002.jpg

The top pic looks like me when I was testing the welds on my front shocks!!(dont ask why there are welds on my front shocks)I guess you're doing the same thing!!
Looks awsome Frosty!!

Here´s few pics of my last ride for this season with my friends.
It was awesome.

DSC01263.jpg

DSC01271.jpg

DSC01272.jpg

DSC01280.jpg

DSC01281.jpg

so has everything held together like you had hoped? and how does the motor and chassis work? looks like fun :)

what do you think works better, your buddies f-cat Or yours with the Srx Motor in it? Clearly the YamaCat, she looks pretty sick man! Congradulations on the fab work!

Thanks everyone, feels great to read your responces of my little project.
Yep, mine works alot better. Frame is 200% stiffer than the original one. It has taken so much beating this winter and it has hold it like a charm. Not single problems with that.

Engine and powerline are been set up for snocross with sharp throttle responce. Reimonds clutching, 440 gearing and Yamis "throttlefreak" triple are all that it needs.
That engine is only triple-engine that can keep my sleds weight at 220kgs (wet). I don´t know how much it is in pounds.

Now this sled belongs to my girlfriend. She wants to race with it next season. She placed third on last race she entered with piece of shit old ZR600 that suffered terrible lack of power.

DSC01249-1.jpg

Only thing happened on my last ride. Tierod -bolt gave up. No accident or anything like that, it was just it´s time. Than it looked like this...

rikkiosa.jpg

rikki2.jpg

rikki1.jpg

Last edited:

Back