Fogging 3 cylinders at once

Try regular 4 stroke motor oil instead of ATF sometime and compare the difference.

Fogging oil has been formulated by engineers and chemists to do what it is sold for. Those people know better than any of us what works best for the job. Why use anything else?

Last edited:

BECAUSE fogging oil DOES NOT HAVE the detergents that ATF does.... 2 stroke motors are DIRTY BIRDS,, and they have TROUBLE with sludging up POWERVALVES.... FOGGING OIL DOES NOTHING to help with desludging powervalves... PLEASE don't be SO NIEVE as to think some "people know better than us" ,,, I BEG TO ARGUE with you or them.....I HAVE A CHEMICAL ENGIEERING DEGREE!!!! and A LOT BETTER degree than 99% of those engineers at the fogging oil mfg (gold eagle)..... PLEASE DONT BELIEVE THE HYPE!!! Gary Oles nosboy

(pssst- hey Gary ......there are products made to decarbonize too....)

Okay.

So ya wanna clean the exhaust valves.

So ya takes yer hydraulic oil (the red kind)

an ya hose it to the fuel pump
an ya starts the motor
an then the fuel pump sucks full
an then the fuel lines get filled
an then the carburetors get filled
an then it sucks into the engine
an it goes up into the cylinder
an then it goes back out of the cylinder
an THEN it gets on the exhaust valve
an then in the fall ya gotta take the exhaust valve apart and clean it anyway because it aint never gonna get all clean that way.

Well GARY ............... that way SUCKS !!!!

snack.gif

I did! Don't get Gary going on the fogging tranny thing. He's very passionate about it and yes it does works.

Hey,, i'm only trying to help... hey PZ1 .. DO YOU USE YAMALUBE?????? somehow,,, I bet you do!!!!!!

How much do you want to bet?

Aren't you the Blue Marble freak?? We don't need to go down that road.

And what do you put in your car transmission? Fogging oil?

I've talked with "blue marble" a few times,,, but,,, NO,,,, I am not passionate about oils UNLESS they ARE SYNTHETIC.. If I was to use a NON SYNTHETIC,, I would use BLUE MARBLE!!!!! I use MOPAR AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION FLUID in my MOPAR (HEMI DURANGO) and I use LUCAS SYNTHETIC ATF in my RACECAR!!!! My CUDA uses 90 weight ( it's a 4 speed) and BOTH SNOWMOBILES USE SYNERGYN synthetic gearlube for the chaincase and KLOTZ synthetic injection oil for the 2 stroke motors!!!!! I change my motor oil EVERY 3000 miles and I use ONLY MOPAR FILTERS.. (except the racecar uses FRAM HP1)I SWEAR BY VALVOLINE and would you like to know WHAT KIND OF REFRESHMENTS I LIKE??????

NO! ... but I wouldn't be surprised if you drink ATF.

nosboy said:
When I have time,, I
ll explain the detergent capabilities and the effects of ATF... You will be AMAZED!!!

-and I am still waiting to be AMAZED by your story.

Oh- and nosboy- it would be a good idea to back up your story with online references -- just in case one of those know-nothing petrochemical engineers sees it and does not believe it.

I was thinking today...could you just unhook the gas line coming from the tank to the fuel pump and let the fuel pump suck in the fogging oil?

Well, yes you could, but it would not be the best way to do it. Some sleds have difficult to remove airboxes and then possibly difficult to get at carburetor mouths, so I assume that is why you are asking.

You would need to buy some fogging oil in a non-aerosol can. When it enters the carb, it will start to mix with the gas and the exhaust will start to smoke. If the fogging oil is mixed with gas, it will lessen its effectiveness, so the best way is to continue to run the sled until the gas is completely gone and the carb is full of fogging oil. Because the fogging oil and gas will mix, that may take some time and how will you know when all the gas is gone and it is straight oil entering the engine?

The fuel pump, hoses and carbs will then be full of oil which will have to be run through the engine when the sled is brought out of storage. You will probably have to prime the motor with gas to get it started and it will smoke a lot and run rough for a long time until the fogging oil is all used from the system.

You would have many times more fogging oil wasted than is needed to coat the inside of the engine. You would have a black puddle of oil under the exhaust outlet in the spring and fall.
After everything is said and done it would be be simpler to fog through the carb mouths.

Some tips for fogging with a spray can.
Some fogging oil cans have a spout that a length of hose can be pushed onto, others can have a small diameter hose put onto the plastic straw for getting to the carbs easier.
If the carb mouth is difficult to get to, You may be able to insert a screwdriver between the carb and boot and then stick the straw or hose from the fogging oil can in there.
You can drill some holes at some point in the intakes or carbs and install some eighth inch barbed fittings to fog through. Cap the fittings when not being used.

Hey,,PZ1.. I am NOT SAYING that fogging oil doesnt work.. I have to go into ELEMENTARY explanations on this forum for the MAJORITY of people to understand.. if I got into SURFACTANTS AND SCRUBBERS I would PROBABLY lose you!!! ( I'm sure I would)... let me try and explain... DID you ever see an ATF leak that has been leaking for a while??? When you spray brakecleaner on it, it dissolves IMMEDIATELY.. That is becuse the ATF SOFTENS the GRIME!!!! DETERGENTS in the ATF are FAR SUPERIOR than ANY detergents in any fogging OR motor oil!!!! Detergents soften up CARBON DEPOSITS and FOGGING OIL does not... WHY NOT soften your deposits ALL SUMMER LONG and keep the CARBS from corroding???? FOGGING OIL DOES NOTHING for the FLOAT BOWLS... FOGGING OIL does NOTHING for the EMMOLIENTS in carb gaskets and o rings!!!!! the ATF also SECURES the CARBS and FUEL SYSTEm... NOT ONLY the cylinder combustion chambers!!! AMAZED????????

I don't need any ONLINE REFERENCES!!! Just look at my green box under the "posts" of my AVITAR!!!! The MEMBERSHIP will vouch for me!!!!!... I could run CIRCLES around your petrochemical engineers also!!!!Gary Oles nosboy

Back