Michigan Laws???

Its about respecting the LAWS.. it's not about some JUNKIE/COPPER that has to rip people off to fill his heroin habit.. I speak rather LOWLY of the enforcers,,,but HIGHLY of the laws themselves.. LAWS protect people like ME from people like the ones who JAM December first down my throat IT SAYS NOWHERE in the LAWS that snowmobiling season starts December first.. IT DOES mention the FACT that you COULD SNOWMOBILE on NOVEMBER 15th PROVIDING you follow these guidelines... THAT is my point.... NOTHING ELSE.... IT NEVER SAYS ANYTHING about December FIRST ANYWHERE on the DNR's LAWS!!!!! COuld I spell it out for you any clearer???

This is what I HAVE BEEN BITCHING about for YEARS and YEARS.... PLEASE TELL ME where it says the date DECEMBER FIRST ANYWHERE in the DNR's RULES or LAWS????? PLEASE!!!!!!!

I'll show you another DOZEN TIMES where it says November 15th thru 30th !!!

Please show me where it states the "SNOWMOBILE SEASON STARTS" Nov 15-30!!!!!!!

To us Michiganders the "ACUTAL" season(ALL TRAILS OPEN, not just LIMITED ORV trails) starts when the MSA says is does since their the one's doing the work to keep the trails open on STATE and PRIVATE land, while the DNR keeps an eye on things during the SEASON. The season to US doesnt start just because theres snow of the freaking ground, unlike yourself and the way your reading it.

edit Crewchief47: snipped the name calling. :bash:

KEEP YOUR SLEDS IN CHICAGO since I know you guys have a great trail system there!!!!!!!!

Chief do the site a favor and close this down!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
It references to STARTING on November15 a LOT MORE than it references to ANYTHING about December First... You seem to be allright with calling ME a MORON because YOU FEEL that I don't understand anything... I understand that I CAN OPERATE a snowmobile from DUSK TO DAWN ALL FLIPPIN NIGHT if I choose to on November 17th and be WITHIN the parameters of the LAWS of the DNR.... If you cannot understand THAT ,,my friend,,,, you MUST have some kind of mental BLOCK somewhere....

nosboy said:
IT SAYS NOWHERE in the LAWS that snowmobiling season starts December first.

HMMMMM.....What does this say quoted by you???

Again I ask PLEASE show me where it states(not a referenced, stated) the Michigans SNOWMOBILE SEASON starts Nov 15 in the MI laws???????

Last edited:
Gary, three replies is a little over the top, don't you think???

I see you debating the point, but does that mean you would actually consider this kind of riding with these restrictions??? Seems like alot of hassle for a two week delay in getting a fix, especially driving from Chicago.....

Were you by chance part of the debate club in school???

ExpertXViper said:
I spoke to a DNR officer today thats works in the Gaylord office, the area I ride in. The way the MI(DNR) law is written YOU CAN LEGALLY ride on (((((STATE ORV TRAILS ONLY)))), same marked trails youd ride your quad or dirt bike on which are VERY LIMITED when compared to the snowmobile trail system.
OK ExpertXViper, you want NOSPRO to prove it and here's a post by you admitting it????

I told you guys that I WENT UP THERE and drove around in the DURANGO.. I drove around in a circle on my friends property the total of less than 1000 feet.. I NEVER left his property with my snowmobile.. I TRIED to load it back on the trailer and SMASHED THE LIVING HeLL out of my trailer when the left ski runner carbide HIT theedge of the trailer and DESTROYED the PIVOTING angle (aluminum) of my trailer ( a 280.00 repair) SO,,,you see,,, I DROVE to LOST PINES just to talk to a dozen snowmobilers and see how THEY enjoyed the trails.. There was SUFFICIENT SNOW over by LOST PINES and about 20 sleds outside and SLEDDERS ENJOYING the trail system !!!! I spent LESS THAN THREE MINUTES on a sled and NEVER,,EVER,, took the sled ON ANY private or PUBLIC TRAILS!!!!

I am JUST TRYING to tell people that it is allright to drive their sleds in MICHIGAN BEFORE December FIRST according to the LAWS of the STATE of Michigan.. PLEASE respect that... and PLEASE respect all the HUNTERS with their right to MURDER DEFENSELESS animals (had to throw that in)....

crewchief47 said:
OK ExpertXViper, you want NOSPRO to prove it and here's a post by you admitting it????

Im asking to see where its stated in the law he posted at the beginning of the thread where is says Michigans Snowmobile Season starts Nov 15 as he so "QUOTED" the actual season not starting Dec 1st......Its doesnt so were both wrong.

Last edited:
Ian,, I was part of the guys LAGGING QUARTERS,, ROLLING DICE,,Smoking CIGARETTES (and also doobies), chasing girls,,drinking SCHLITZ MALT LIQUOR BULL before 1st period,,getting into fights CONSTANTLY,,, chasing BLACK people (it WAS a SPORT in 1975 here in Chicago) dragracing HIGH HORSEPOWER MOPARS (still do that!!!) and RUNNING FROM THE CHICAGO POLICE whatever chance we could.... as far as DEBATE TEAM,,,, they DIDN'T have stuff like that in "HIGH (rather STONED) SCHOOL!!!! DOES that explain anything????

it IMPLIES that it starts November 15th by STATING times you cannot operate a snowmobile which OPPOSES times where you COULD

I grew up on the SOUTH WEST side of CHICAGO,,, not livonia.......On the same block as "big,,bad,,LEROY BROWN.... We were "running buddies"

Here's and interesting bit of info. Quote from the DNR's website:
Restrictions on Off-Road Vehicles and Snowmobile - 2008

At all times it is illegal to operate an Off-Road Vehicle (ORV) on public lands in the Lower Peninsula not posted open. Snowmobiles are prohibited at any time on state game areas or state parks and recreation areas unless posted open.

Time Restrictions

It is illegal to operate an ORV or a snowmobile between the hours of 7 to 11 a.m. and 2 to 5 p.m. on any area open to public hunting during the November 15-30 firearm deer season.

Exception: The time restrictions on the use of ORVs and snowmobiles do not apply during an emergency or while traveling to and from a permanent residence or hunting camp that is otherwise inaccessible by a conventional wheeled vehicle.

The time restrictions on the use of ORVs also do not apply to retrieve a legally taken deer, to private landowners and their invited guests, to motor vehicles licensed under the Michigan Vehicle Code operating on roads capable of sustaining automobile traffic, to a disabled person using a designated trail or forest road for hunting or fishing purposes, or to a person with a valid permit to hunt from a standing vehicle.

linky: http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,1607,7-153-10366_37141_37704-31401--,00.html

I think the key phrase here is 'posted open'.

michigans official start date is based on at least 4" of measured snow on the ground, and starts december first for most areas. some areas of the UP are closed until after muzzle loader deer season and do not open until after the 15th of december. it is up to the individual to know and understand the laws of the areas they are riding.

yes, you can ride before dec 1st but specifically only after dark and before day light. BUT we all should respect the private land owners and those hunting public lands that trails run through and stay off the trails until after deer season. it is only 14 days long, i am sure you can wait to ride.

dont ever ride around a locked gate to ride on public trails. it may be YOU that cause a closure of our trail system.

as for personal attacks on here both of you should calm down alittle. ski

THANK YOU SKIDOOBOY!!!! That is as close to EXACTLY the way I want to say it,,,but,,, i have a HARD TIME expressing myself!!! I do TOO MUCH SCREAMING and TOO MANY exclamation points!!!!!!!!!!!!! (to get my point across).. I figure if I cannot DRIVE MY POINT straight up peoples AsSeS,,, they won't get it ( as in the case with Expert)!! he thinks I'm a moron and THATS THAT!!!!

and I STILL TAKE PRIDE in GETTING away from the CPD MORE TIMES than I have been caught.. the only BAD PART about running is,,, if they DO CATCH YOU,,, they usually BREAK A RIB or give you a BLACK EYE or TWO for MAKING them chase after you!!!! But,, like I said,, I STILL BEAT them FATASSES over the fence!!!

I'm 47 years old and I CANNOT fly over fences anymore NOR do I run from the police (anymore),,,,but,,,, my TRACK RECORD IS REALLY GOOD!!!

Back