Anybody from MN for a road trip...? To the UP.

Nicko said:
Yes houghton will be the destination....In my case I will leave Wednesday late afternoon to ride Thursday, Friday, Saturday and come back Sunday morning. That is all I can do.....Hope is good for you Mike, we could ride together those 2 or 3 days.

I will start my hotel search tonight, waiting to hear from Drew also for the lodging tips.....

This sound great! We will probably go up Wednesday also in the morning. So we can get up there and maybe let the wife get practice she hasn't had any riding this year. Who all going now? 900 mile in 3 days that only 300 miles a day...LOL. Hay by the way I have a new Yamaha cooler to bring along to keep are beverages cold, if it come by then.
:letitsnow :letitsnow :letitsnow
Mike

snowpunisher said:
Hay by the way I have a new Yamaha cooler to bring along to keep are beverages cold, if it come by then.
:letitsnow :letitsnow :letitsnow
Mike

Yes I saw that congratulations.....

Ok lets see how is in for sure by now....?

Nick
Mike
?
?
?
?
?

VenomMod said:
You forgot to mention that you guys are working on a Polaris. You guys have a Yamaha, but don't work on it. HAHAHA. Love it.

Yes we are working on a Polaris.... However, Polaris will help out with parts, when Yamaha will not help. I made all of them well aware, when we go out to test, they can take the comp sled and im taking the rs vector mountain. ;)!

Thanks, taht was a fun Trivia, its always fun I;m amazed how much I learn from it....

Hey Dirtjumper (name ?) are you good for that Thursday/Friday/Saturday...? I hate to call you dirtjumper...LOL

Last 2 times I went to the UP I stayed one night in copper harbor, shgould I check on that maybe for friday night ?

Nick

Last edited:
Yea i should be good for that thursday through saturday... By the way my name is Jeff, i prob should have mentioned that earlier, but no worries about calling me dirtjumper....

snowpunisher said:
What know,Houghton or Munising Michigan

No No No Mike I'm just trying to see if i can push Tom our way...I'm looking at hotels in the houghton are as I type....

Nick

Holiday Inn $84.99 per night. Breakfast and pool.
Super 8 $72.99 per night. Breakfast and pool. In the pics it looks good.
TRAVELODGE has the best deal at $51.20 per night fro Smoking or $ 57.60 for non. Pool looks great, the catch is we have to book 14 days in advance with no cacellations or refunds....But that is only $180 for 3 nights...Not bad

I'm waiting to hear from Drew to see if he has any tips on lodging....

Hey Jeff, how long it take you from Duluth to Houghton. It says 7 1/2 hours from the metro, is that about right...?

Should I look for a night in Cooper Harbor guys...?

I'm still looking

Last edited:
Duluth to Houghton varies.... Ive done it in 3.5, has taken me over 5 before though.... its usually right around 4 hours of DRIVE time though..... Remember you lose an hour going east, so its really "5" hours to make the 4 hour trip there...

Looks like Tom is getting a TY ride in the works for that weekend. Are you trying to consolidate the rides, Nick?

Yes is looking promising for Thursday March. 12 thru the 15...Are you in...?

Houghton area, so far me and Mike, and Jeff and Drew will meet us up there...I know we talked about it, but it will be great to meet in Duluth Wednesday night and ride together....

Nick

Nicko said:

Houghton area, so far me and Mike, and Jeff and Drew will meet us up there...I know we talked about it, but it will be great to meet in Duluth Wednesday night and ride together....

Nick

I may meet you in Duluth and drive out aswell... I gotta check my schedule... I ahev a stock car to do vinyls on that week which i priority, but i should have that done by Wendesday.

Nicko said:

Nick

I too would prefer going to Houghton, but I've not been on a TY ride before and think it would be a blast. It sounds like they are leaning towards Muni??? In either case I'm pretty sure I'll be going to the UP, it's just a matter of where at this point.

On a side note, International Falls picked up 6-8 inches yesterday so I'm headed up there this weekend hopefully :letitsnow

Hope you can come with us.....My wife is taking the days off to stay home, so I will start booking hotels tonight guys....Reply to see how many rooms we will need....

I'm excited now...... :letitsnow :letitsnow :letitsnow

Nick

jwifferdill said:
I too would prefer going to Houghton, but I've not been on a TY ride before and think it would be a blast. It sounds like they are leaning towards Muni??? In either case I'm pretty sure I'll be going to the UP, it's just a matter of where at this point.

On a side note, International Falls picked up 6-8 inches yesterday so I'm headed up there this weekend hopefully :letitsnow

jwifferdill (name) I have to start calling everybody by there name, besides yours is to hard to type...LOL, Should I count you as a 1 person for the hotel.

Also I need to know if the guys going "solo" like Andy, jwifferdill and myself if we should share rooms or separate, I really don't mind either way, but since we don't know each others I need to ask.... :rulez:

Nick

Travelodge only has 6 rooms left for that Saturday....and they are all smoking rooms...Hey guys I need to know if anybody wants smoking or not. Super 8 has rooms for 73 a night and acording to some reviews is right on the trial and is bad because there is a lot of snowmobilers styaing in the hotel, is loud, obscene language on the halls and drunks. Geez these snowmobilers

Some confirmations to start making some reservations....???
I got you jeff I didn't think you where staying with us

I'm thinking it will be more fun if all stay at the same place but we can also each one call their place of choice and booked.....Whatever you guys think its fine with me....

Nick

Last edited:
You can call me Neil if it's easier to type for ya, haha. I've gotta do some checking with a potential travel mate to see what the scoop is. Like I said before, I'd be reliant on his transportation or at least use of his vehicle. Don't book for me just yet in case I can't make it, but do let me know where you plan on staying so I can make the necessary arrangements.

Back