Anybody from MN for a road trip...? To the UP.

It look like the TY 4 Stroke Forum is going for munising. I think we should go wherever the ty ride is going to be. So may we should hold off on rooms. It look like a lot of people r going. What do u think?

Sounds like Munising and Marquette had gotten pounded by snow last night. The storm that was supposed to hit us went South. We had only received a couple of fresh inches. More on the way they said though.

I was kinda hoping we go to Houghton, I have Drew and Jeff pretty much ready for us I think.....Let me know what is your plan Mike.

I think I want to do Houghton with the guys, as long as Drew and Jeff are available I will be going there......

Waiting to hear a confirmation from Andy and Neil, and we are pretty much a group of 7 or so....

Nick

Last edited:
Hey Drew do you want to do it in Muni...I;m just asking, I want to ride anywhere, but if you prefer Houghton I will be there.....It will be a bumer for me If I go alone to stay in the Hotel by myself an all.....But I don't care anymore at this point......

Nick

I probably won't be able to meet you guys in Munising to ride. I'll have the girl friend with me on the way back from home. I'm not sure If I could afford to come back towards Munising to to ride. If you go to Munising that's fine. I'll try to be there for that Saturday to maybe go ride. If funds weren't so short I'd for sure be down there. We'll have to see. Some people owe me some money, and I'll have a couple of checks from work coming.

Like I said I don't care either way, I want to go to Houghton but since you are only goinG to be there Sat. if they all back out I am not going to have that much fun riding by myself Thursday and Friday :cry:

Will see what the guys say, I really was getting excited about going to Copper Harbor for lunch on Saturday and try some boondoking with Jeff, now if he goes on Thursday that's another storY, then I will do it at least I will have somebody to ride with......SORRY IM SAYING EVERYTHING TWICE, BUT I HAD A BAD DAY AND MY ENGLISH SUCKS TONIGHT OR MAYB IT'S EVERY NIGHT...LOL

Nick

Last edited:
I know I know, I'm just trying to meet with the guys from Houghton that can't make it to Muni, besides I'm not a huge fan of giant groups, and I guess since I don't know anybody there I'm kinda skeptical (just like Johnny) but I'm sure it will be fun either way.....Let me know what is your idea either way.....

Nick

I dont know anybody really on ether side. I'm not a big fan of big groups either, but if we ride with a big group its more likely that we will meet some one with our riding styles. I am a little worried about my wife keeping up with u guys but if we ride with a big group we can ride at our own pace and nobody has to wait for us or ride alone I dont care were we go as long as there is snow.
Mike

:letitsnow :letitsnow :letitsnow

Sounds good to me Mike, I'll say lets stick to the plan, Houghton
For your info, I hate to ride fast, not my thing, actually I rather go slow on the deep stuff.
If you decide to come to Houghton I think we should plan for the Super 8. It looks good and reasonable rates.

I'm going to wait till the end of the weekend to see if Andy (sleddininar) and Neil (Jwifferdill) have an idea of their plans and then I'm going to book my room, I can do yours also, since we can always cancel a few days before without getting charge.....

Nick

Nicko said:
Nope, not sure.

I'm sure one of the locals will tells us...

Nick

Roads or trails?

Either way im always WFO! Roads are 55, and i think there is no speed limit on the trails, i guess 50 or 55 at night though....

Speed Limits! We don't need no stinking speed limits! LOL! My wife and I don't get to talk much until weekends, so I'll know more after that. My brother is still coming home, but only the last week of March, he wants to waterskip on the Vermilion River. I'm not sure if I can do both, I have to decide. Anyway that's where things are at for me.

As for speeds if you guys are wondering if you can keep up I usually only run 55 ish on the trails. Keeps the rpm's in a little happier spot. In the woods we have real good stiff base it sure would be nice for 18-24 of new stuff on top. I can atleast dream about getting it.

trail speed limit over here is only 50 mph. But we have big open fields that r ez to get up to 70mph... I mean 50mph...lol...

Back