what trucks do you guys run?!

averagesleder said:
I picked up a '99 Grand Cherokee 4.7L to tow with this season.

Watch out for vibrations from the driveshafts, the rear end (dana 44 A), the clock spring in the steering wheel, transmission sensors, and if it's a limited, the dual zone climate control.

My parents have a 99 4.7 limited. It's had a ton of stuff fixed on it, some under warranty, some not. The climate control was fixed once under warranty, and once I had to take the dash all out to repair Chrysler's HVAC (blend door)mess ups.

It's a fun rig when it runs and works properly, but there were too many quirks on them especially in 99-00 models. I passed on buying the 99 from my parents and got the Audi allroad instead. In the time since I got the audi, it has left them stranded once, and also without heat due to an actuator that went went out.

my exact sentiments about Jeeps. work well and are neat when things work, just don't tend to work as often as they should. used my sister in laws 95 Orvis grand cherokee for about 6-7 months and it always needed tinkering.

i have a 2005 F-150 Lariat supercrew 4x4 that is my DD and toy hauler and my other truck is a 2001 Ford ranger 4x4 thats my dune toy and weekend wheeler.

103_2301.jpg

103_2290.jpg

03viperguy said:
my exact sentiments about Jeeps. work well and are neat when things work, just don't tend to work as often as they should. used my sister in laws 95 Orvis grand cherokee for about 6-7 months and it always needed tinkering.

I had literally one of the first EVER grand cherokees to come off the line , a 92 build 93 limited model. It was very solid, and nearly everything on it (minus the Viscous coupler on the 249 transfer case) worked as it did when new.

I like to call my mom's 99 limited, "Limited as to what works today" LOL

see if that worked.. Thanks !!!/Users/eli627/Desktop/P6122768.JPG.zip

Last edited:
horkn said:
Watch out for vibrations from the driveshafts, the rear end (dana 44 A), the clock spring in the steering wheel, transmission sensors, and if it's a limited, the dual zone climate control.

My parents have a 99 4.7 limited. It's had a ton of stuff fixed on it, some under warranty, some not. The climate control was fixed once under warranty, and once I had to take the dash all out to repair Chrysler's HVAC (blend door)mess ups.

It's a fun rig when it runs and works properly, but there were too many quirks on them especially in 99-00 models. I passed on buying the 99 from my parents and got the Audi allroad instead. In the time since I got the audi, it has left them stranded once, and also without heat due to an actuator that went went out.

I work at the Jeep dealer so I should be alright. I've already done a rear axle seal, flushed my heater core, thermostat and a few other things. I filled it with gas for the first time today $62 :o| :o| It takes a lot more then my car.

Matt

horkn said:
I had literally one of the first EVER grand cherokees to come off the line , a 92 build 93 limited model. It was very solid, and nearly everything on it (minus the Viscous coupler on the 249 transfer case) worked as it did when new.

I like to call my mom's 99 limited, "Limited as to what works today" LOL

damn, and I mean DAMN that vc on the 249. hers likes to have you unlock the hatch before anything else, the alarm disable doesnt work on the drivers door. the heat only comes out of the defrost and floor, you cant change it with the auto climate control. idle control valve sticks and it likes to idle at 2500 when you start it at times. tranny used to just not shift into drive for 30 seconds or so. passenger windows work when they feel like it. cracked exhaust manifold. and for some reason I still liked it lol! I ended up getting my own car (she wanted something different, I just couldnt find it for her) and I love my 99 pathfinder. feels a LOT more solid at 50k more miles than the jeep, just could really use more power. although the 4.slow isnt that great in the zj

We rented 2 new 2015 suburban for a family trip last weekend. Damn was it awesome and I'm not a Chevy guy. The seat vibrated all of the time backing up the narrow driveway we had. A lot of bells and whistles. But what a ride and so much room.

2004 Suburban 2500LT. 8.1L Big Block. Best truck I have ever owned. Pulls my 24' steel hallmark like it's not even there. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407718637.302381.jpg

Just picked up my new yamahauler Monday.
Nice....
I've been getting offers in the mail about once or twice a month to trade up from my 08 to a new one,pretty tempting.I know as long as I stay away from the dealers I'll be fine but as soon as I make the mistake of going to one I'll be hooked and be coming home with a different truck.

Here's my 1997 Chevy k1500. 2in lift with 33in. general at2's.

Attachments

• 154666_3943235819368_271678938_n.jpg
    154666_3943235819368_271678938_n.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 9

Back