Father and daughter viper project!!

Mt daughters 9, will you be ready to sell it in 5 years and save me the trouble of doing the same? Looks like you had fun and the sled turned out great.

super1c said:
Well im sure a lot of you are just like me, cant stand it when something just aint right. So i went and took a look at that crooked bumper. Well turns out the frame bar was bent and the hood latch needed some work too. Got out my enforcer and a 2x4 and knocked it back in line pretty good. Lined up hood latch and it came back nice. Its a thousand time better. The bumper is almost perfect now and the hood is just a touch off. The hood even fits on the belly pan better now. Pics before and after, you can see in the before that the right corner dips pretty good if looking at the sled. Pic with tractor in it is before!

Well was board out of my mind last few day's so pulled both my wifes and daughters bumper supports. This is elizabeths and its pretty out of wack from when i bought it, then sorta fixed it then another fender bender back to bent. Just going to replace it this time with used new straight one. Wifes is just as bad. So a few little projects with elizabeths sled should keep me busy till a few things come together so i can start my 144 long track projects on my wifes and my sled. ;)! Cant wait, lots planned. I also have to fix the limiter strap bolts. Someone must have forgoten to tighten the nuts and the limiters came undone from the w-arm and got bounced around. Woops not sure who that was :dunno: LOL!!

Attachments

• DSCF0952 (800x600).jpg
    DSCF0952 (800x600).jpg
    338.4 KB · Views: 23
A couple of bucks said:
In post 274, there is a 97 SX7 w/ ohlin on it. Is that yours as well?

No thats my buddy johns sled, his daughter rides it. Its a nice sled, pretty clean. Not to mention fast. We blew the track out on it this winter so will be a project next time were up north.

Got elizabeths sled fired up today. Man how ive grown to love e start. No more pulling till the cows come home for the first start of the year. About 5 sec on the starter and she fired right up. Not to much new for her this year. I did replace that belly pan support and the front is back in line. Hood lines up perfect now. Now to keep it that way. LOL! She got some new ski's with the blue oem ones. They were from anita's sled but new none the less. Some blue trailing arm caps and a seat riser. She really wants a boss after sitting on mine but not this year. Money is getting thinnnnnnnn! Come on snow

Attachments

• DSCF8062 (800x600).jpg
    DSCF8062 (800x600).jpg
    400.3 KB · Views: 35
  • DSCF8063 (800x600).jpg
    DSCF8063 (800x600).jpg
    385.5 KB · Views: 31
  • DSCF8064 (800x600).jpg
    DSCF8064 (800x600).jpg
    392.1 KB · Views: 49
  • DSCF8065 (800x600).jpg
    DSCF8065 (800x600).jpg
    351.7 KB · Views: 47
super1c said:
Well we got the engine fogged and shut down for summer. Here is what we have planned for this viper. Take off trailing arms and rods for new paint. Will have rods covered with Pink covers and pink shock covers. Hood screens will also be pink to match. Hood is perfect so only needs a good polish. belly pan needs trim yet. Will take the chain case apart and will get reverse. E start also. Will take drive out and get the track out. Tracks in great shape but studs are shot so we will cut those out and put 120 new down the middle. Will also get pink hand guards and i have a extra windshield so were gonna try and cut it down and paint it pink. So far thats it. Heres a few pic's working on the ski's, which of coarse were rusted on so new bolts will be needed. Let her have a try on the impact wrench, not bad i must say for first go! Having fun. Chris

great sled! she's going to love it. Glad to see you offer to bring your daughter into it.. its a great adhesive for your relationship with her. wished I had kids.. id do the same. Glad to see you've instilled some safety too.. as I noticed the safety glasses. sounds like you are a good dad! once the sled is going i cant imagine the excitment that will build from it and riding together. .. another cool thing you can do is weld up a bracket to stick on the back to provide roof for cargo.. I use mine to hold a riverbag packed with hotdogs and picnic stuff and overnight gear when riding to a town for the night. Tiggy fires and dog roasts on the trail is an awesome thing you guys can do on the trail rather than riding to a town for food and gas. the stainless rack I built has prooved its worth! enjoy!

And so it begins!! Season over here in michigan, 60's and rain on the way all the way to the tip of the UP. So with me moving to the 4 stroke side (anita has a 2016 SR Viper LTX-SE and i just spring checked a 2017 LTX-LE) time to move elizabeth to the long track. She is moving into anita's old 144. Plans are a updated color scheme, wrap planed. Will be parting all the good extra stuff as i strip the sled down. Look for those parts, will be lots of nice stuff. So today started the strip down the sled.

Attachments

• DSCF8800 (800x600).jpg
    DSCF8800 (800x600).jpg
    319.6 KB · Views: 18
  • DSCF8801 (800x600).jpg
    DSCF8801 (800x600).jpg
    347.8 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

Back