Musselman's SRX Project

only thing i would warn on that setup is a spring pulling in the opposite direction so that the linkage cant bounce the other way. over time, this will wear out the pins on the fingers that engage reverse, making it need to be adjusted again. great setup by the way. I had sold all of my linkage so I had to go minimalist, this would be easier, especially if you didn't want to remove your case to install.

Thank you for the advice. I have the wire mounted with a slack when in forward to not wear out the shifting fork. Will drive it this season, and check for wear next season when i am going to put a Polaris rmk 155 rear suspension on it.
Jostein

musselman said:
Started looking at the wiring for my viper gauge last night. Looks like most wires will match up to the srx with the addition of 2 wires for the speed pickup and 1 Black/Gold which looks like an extra ground for the gauge.
How much top end did you loose putting the M-10 and the 136" track in?

I didn't really notice since I geared down at the same time. It's faster now than it was with a short track though. It tops out at around 170 km/h but gets there in a hurry.

Sorry about the delay guys, here are some updated pics;

IMG_0002_zps87193967.jpg

IMG_0003_zps3731f90c.jpg

IMG_0004_zps27eeb8fa.jpg

IMG_0005_zps330c684a.jpg

IMG_0006_zpsb735ce06.jpg

IMG_0007_zps55b00a08.jpg

IMG_0008_zps22454f1a.jpg

I was wondering about what to do with a brkae light if I had a boss seat. that's a nice lil light. also notice you got a gps mount, what kind of handheld do you have?

Cooper0809 said:
I was wondering about what to do with a brkae light if I had a boss seat. that's a nice lil light. also notice you got a gps mount, what kind of handheld do you have?
Thanks the light is off a nytro.

The gps I use is a gramin oregon 550 with ontario sled trails and canadian topo maps loaded. I am using it on battery power right now and it lasts the whole day even in -15 C temps. will wire it for power over the summer.

sideshowBob said:
Sled looks great!
I see you added the reservoirs to your air shocks...how are they working out?
Just added them last week so I only have one weekend on them. So far they seem better than they were but not as good as I was expecting, hopefully with some more adjustments this weekend they will ride better. Right now I have the resi set at 13 turns out (half) so I may try to increase that a bit to see what it does.

I have a 2001 SRX with stock pipes and muffler. Is there enough room for reverse? Looking at your pictures wasn't sure if you were running stock muffler.
Thanks

red rider said:
Mussleman when you long travel the front end does the steering tie rod and radius rods require changing?
Thanks
If you want a true long travel setup (15"+ long shocks) then yes you will have to change the tie rods and radius rods.

If you just want to raise the front end slightly then you can use the stock components.

Back