Musselman's SRX Project

Nope, nothing yet. I'm waiting to see if the snocorss replicas are going to be produced in time and at a somewhat reasonable cost. If they don't work out then I may have to run my stock trailing arms, which would be a huge waste but what can you do. :o|

I have the spindles, they will work. apex spindles with viper tops.

for others, if you want to build a power rack, it is just parts from mid to late 90s polaris. This is what it is based off of. It will allow the use of long shocks like he is using. if he didn't use a power rack. his tie rods would want to bend over the bottom of the hole they run through when he unloaded the sleds suspension.

Looks cool, must have a foot of travel up front. Like the running boards.

BETHEVIPER said:
I have the spindles, they will work. apex spindles with viper tops.

for others, if you want to build a power rack, it is just parts from mid to late 90s polaris. This is what it is based off of. It will allow the use of long shocks like he is using. if he didn't use a power rack. his tie rods would want to bend over the bottom of the hole they run through when he unloaded the sleds suspension.

Looks cool, must have a foot of travel up front. Like the running boards.
That's great info ;)! and yes the running boards are amazing. The front travel was around 11" with the stock trailing arms and I have yet to measure with the new ones, should be pretty close maybe more.

Here are some pics of the rear suspension mock up:

IMG_0577.jpg

IMG_0578.jpg

IMG_0579.jpg

IMG_0580.jpg

IMG_0581.jpg

IMG_0582.jpg

Those are older pictures (about 3 weeks ago) I just got the apex spindles and viper tops on Monday and installed them last night and everything worked out great. The front end is very tight now, I like how you can snug up the spindle with the viper steering arm and not have all the up and down slop the stock one has. I will get some pictures tonight of the front end.

I also finished my footrests and running boards and dropped the engine in as well. The only big thing left to do is install and wire the viper gauge, other than that it is getting pretty close.

If I let it get dirty I would be in big trouble lol, so I try my best to keep it clean and catch all fluids before they get to the floor. Doesn't always work though.

Here are some updated pictures, front end is assembled but needs to be aligned still. Also started cleaning the power valves, wow they are dirty, I still haven't found a good way to clean them, time for some searching.

IMG_0585.jpg

IMG_0586.jpg

IMG_0587.jpg

IMG_0588.jpg

IMG_0589.jpg

pv. new razor blades to shave off the bulk and carb cleaner and soft brush or dish rag to clean the rest.

I am curious, knowing how messed up bump steer is on a pro action, could you do a toe measurement compressed, center and lifted? curious how much better the unequal length arms make the sled.

Got the valves done, the carbon was really baked on there and hard as a rock. With a new razor blade though it came off fairly easily, thanks for the tips guys. Here are some pics of how dirty they were:

IMG_0590.jpg

IMG_0591.jpg

That is great work you've done to that sled. I cant wait to rip my sled apart. I'll probably keep mine all stock though...haven't decided yet.

Nice sled!!!

Back