The making of "Darth Viper" #2.0

snoprokidf6 said:
i had the same idea with the gas cap, way cheaper then a billet one
P1020335.jpg

ok, I stand corrected only 9,999 other vipers out there with reg gas cap....lol ;)!

out of curiosity, what is the heigth of the riser on those bars?? looks like the bars are something I could see me swapping on but maybe just a tad shorter riser for me, thanx

risers are a 6 inches. i used the stock bars to make an adapter. i got the whole set up from RSI. for a fair price too. i'm 5'8 and the riser is ideal for me. i thought about going to a 7 in as i'm still a little hunched over when standing

Tunnel looks pretty sweet with the bedliner finish and the yamaha brace/grips to break it up. I like it! ;)!

click on image to enlarge it. :bling:

Attachments

• 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    95.3 KB · Views: 114
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    83.4 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
do you feel that bed liner will give you more grip on the running boards over the bare aluminum? i'm debating on doing this to my running boards of the widening modification.

I dont think it adds any weight, its just like a gel paint, put on 2 coats.

I pretty much just put it on for wear resistance, on my other sled the paint was so nice and I figured it would get scratched up easily where your feet are, so the bedliner stuff might be more durable and not show the scratches.
Plus, I needed to make the tunnel black to go with rest of sled so this finish was what I was looking for. It really looks neat in person and with the yamaha braces and skidframe bolt plates being shiny black, breaks it up, looks pretty sharp.

shall report back on durability of it, although, shouldnt be too hard to touch up if it does get chipped or whatever, just rolled on.

really want to do that to my 12' aluminum fishing boat. just didnt want it to be so heavy it was a pain to move around. what brand did you use? cost? thanks for the info :)
and now back to our regularly scheduled thread... ;)

In one of the first pictures, the windshield looks "tall" and in another it looks like a shorter one. How did you get the headlights to "lay down" like they did?? It looks like the SRX style wide hood. Looks amazing!

I think its the angle of the pic and the fact I have to resize them to fit on here, maybe just hit the width instead of heigth on resizing the pic.
Its the factory low windshield on it. The red hood and red seat are not being used, maybe someone needs a nice red hood and seat :dunno: ....lol

It looks awesome like that whether its an illusion or not lol... That's the way a viper hood should look. I think the way they are they look too tall. But, nice sled!

snoprokid was right on the money about the lower shock mount on the gytr clicker shocks is about .237" wider then the viper shock mount. So I am going to mount it up in the bridgeport and give it a little haircut.
The shocks will mount up to the viper via use of the old sx700 shock brackets that convert the clevis mount to the std mount like a srx has.

Gonna have to remove the stickers on them and paint the lower mounts black also. Able to just spin the lower mount so youll still be able to use the clicker adjustment knobs, just reach in under radius rod. ;)!

So, I gave the shocks a haircut on the lower mounts, trimmed the housing and the sleeves that go thru them.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    128.9 KB · Views: 32
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    118.6 KB · Views: 19
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
here r the rest of your parts don. nice and really black.

Attachments

• mr viper powder power valves (2).jpg
    mr viper powder power valves (2).jpg
    228 KB · Views: 20
  • mr viper powder guard (2).jpg
    mr viper powder guard (2).jpg
    201.6 KB · Views: 27
  • mr viper powder closw (2).jpg
    mr viper powder closw (2).jpg
    219.9 KB · Views: 21
  • mr viper powder carb caps (2).jpg
    mr viper powder carb caps (2).jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 19
Nice job Pete, the parts look great, I cant wait to get the sled back together so it will start to look like a snowmobile again. ;)!

In the mean time, I have been pretty busy in the shop with work and not had much time to work on the Darth sled but did manage to get the pipe completed, working on the silencer now. I removed the heat shields, cleaned and painted them and the pipe with VHT 2000 degree header paint, its a flat black but wanted to use it as the base. I then painted the shields with VHT 900 degree brake caliper paint in gloss black. Wet sanded it with 600 grit between the 2 coats and it came out like glass, hopefully it holds up good.

I was able to reassemble the pipe using the new bands that Ding was nice enough to send to me, they just barely fit, about 1 inch longer would have been perfect, but I got them on. I did dust the pipe before putting the shields back on, with the gloss black but after its together I dont like the glossier black on the pipe itself, I like the differnt contrast between the blacks, flat to semi gloss to gloss. I am going to mask off the shields and dust it with the flat black again like the headpipe is before installing it.

Attachments

• 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    77.5 KB · Views: 21
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    86.2 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
everything is looking great. and nice work on both parties parts. nice to see our talented members work!

Any update on the GYT-R shocks? I have a set of phazer shocks that I want to put on a sled but they need to be fixed. Looks good by the way.

musselman said:
Any update on the GYT-R shocks? I have a set of phazer shocks that I want to put on a sled but they need to be fixed. Looks good by the way.

Any updates? X2 on the shock outcome, How did it turn out? What shocks did you end up with and with the sx brackets what size eye to eye shocks work on the viper. Would like to go to the gytr's for the wifes viper. Plus the look way cool.

Back