The making of "Darth Viper" #2.0

update coming soon, just been too busy to give Darth any attention. Gonna get him out soon and finish it off, its not that far off from being done.

to those who asked about shocks, I will post all the information on using them in updated post, sorry for delay,.

summer time I get busy with other kinds of work and snowmobiles get put aside.

I just dug him out today and put him on the lift, it has now begun...... :WayCool:

also supposed to get the hood back this week from painters.

new update to build journal coming very shortly... :2strokes:

staggs65 said:
well it's about time. I'd never take that long to put together a sled :D

nice......lmao, thats good callin the kettle black there mr. pot.....LOL!!! :rofl:

nothing too exciting tonight, changed out the headlight bulbs for a pair of the tinted blue xexon gas units, same wattage as stock.

Also put together all the powervalve assemblys, I had powdercoated gloss black, will take a few pics tommarrow.

Last edited:
Ok, heres a sneak peak at my new paint job, the last viper was all black and about everyone who looked at it said "what is it?" so I had Bob leave some yamaha blue on it to set it off.

Picked up the hood today..............WOW!!!!!!! You guys cant even begin to see how smooth and nice the paint is in these lousy pics. Its literally like GLASS...........THANX BOB!!!! You ARE the best...... ;)! :wel:

same as before the black kinda just eats up the camera flash and doesnt show well, but what your looking at is the ceiling in his shop, its like a mirror....awesome!!

cant wait till this baby gets outside. :bling: :bling:

Attachments

• 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 38
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 41
Thanx Pete, the pics dont show the truth to this paint of Bobs!

I will post some more pics this weekend after I get back from hunting camp.

I have the hood screens painted a gunmetal grey metallic and the windshield is a real carbon fiber unit made by ty user: concept carbon, this should be pretty wicked looking. :bling:

Yes when the paint is so shiny it's looks wet. My paint was the same way just amazing he used some of the most expensive clear the make and did many coats. Looks good don.

few more pics from putting the hood together.............she shines like no tommarrow! ;)! Wife doesnt show as much enthusiasm as I do when I use the dining room table for a work bench, hey... you dont want to scratch the hood right.....lol :dunno:

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    96.8 KB · Views: 40
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 51
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    91.7 KB · Views: 43
I know what you mean don. My girlfriend wasn't impressed when she came home and i had my engine for my car sitting on the stand in the kitchen. I told her it was winter and i needed a place to work on it.

jason knowlton said:
Where did you get the carbon fibre windy anyway, was thinking about getting one made for my srx

Was made by the ty member: concept carbon, he made the windshield, the front bumper braces and brake duct, did a nice job on them. ;)!

Back