96 XT6 to 144

I've been thinking about taking my 97 sx to a 136 or 144 not sure which.
Your sled looks like it would be lots of fun in fresh powder.

Your son got a sweet sled to.
Does that Hartman kit take a good beating?
I like to hit big jumps every once in awhile.
I was looking at the slp extension kit.

I'll look into it.
Was going to do my own tunnel extension and 136 tracks are easy to find. All I need is the rail extension when ever I get the money to start.
Might be moving to Tennessee next summer but my sleds are going with me everybody says I crazy to take them and that I want use them. But I will

I got my rebuilt,revalved & resprung skid shocks back. I only had the front spring replaced as the rear spring was perfectly fine. I just had that one acid dipped and repainted. The old anemic OE front spring was replaced w/ a new blue(marked) spring. I'd venture to guess that it is 50% bigger in gauge than the original.
Removed all of the needle bearings in the relay arms. Washed everything w/ hot water,dish soap, Gojo and a toothbrush. I did this in the sink over a bowl so I would not loose any needles. Once all the needles were out, cleaned and all of the disintegrated plastic cage pieces were discarded, I cleaned up the raceway and blew out w/ compressed air. (Picture #3)
Time to reassemble. With an acid brush I applied a very thin layer of grease on the raceway. Don't put too much grease in there or you'll loose sight of where the needles are placed. Just enough to act as an adhesive to hold the needles in there. Then I just used a pointy tweezers to place the needles in there. In picture #1, you can see one that is partially done. Also you can see how much grease is needed initially. Once it's all assembled and the spacer has been stuck in there and the needles are pressed back, you can pull the spacer out and add some more grease.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 23
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 25
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
I see a little tube-o Mystic grease Dan. Love that stuff. Price is right. Use it on my waverunner, sleds, you name it.

My homemade reed spacers. I called up Dale(NickyTech) and he sent me two reed cages. I cut the wedge off both and here is the outcome.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 18
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 19
They worked fine. No snow this winter to test them though.
If anyone else cuts up cages for spacers, use a Dremel cut off wheel. Either the regular or diamond. They are the thinnest and will leave more of the spacer there instead of grinding it into dust.
A homemade gasket and some Hi-Tack and I was in business.

Last edited:

Back