What's 2017 Going to Bring?

So it's still a cat. The took the turbo out of mpi's hands which was probably good after a bit of a tumultuous relationship. Any indication that the apex and vector are still in the lineup? I say cat came out ahead with this one. Their engine supply agreement was over this year so the needed something to replace the turbo twin in the 9000 sleds. The Yamaha faithful got screwed again. The most powerful showroom sled in history we can't even build ourselves, just put our engine in it but oh hey we buy them and put them in our sleds anyways.

here is a video for those who hate google... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nl5KTuyjH9M

Since it has arctic cat all over it I would be hesitant to buy any first year model..in fact its a pass again if I am buying new next year like I have considered. Anyone know the weight? If its a 600 lb pig it can stay on the lake and trails...

Didn't the video say made in Japan? Or is only the motor made in Japan? Someone on dootalk posted 525lbs dry which would be pretty incredible IMO. Personally I was hoping for a new 2-stroke, I have zero interest in a Sidewinder. Maybe 2017 will be the end of the line for the Apex? No reason to buy one now considering the Sidewinder is faster and the same price.

Didn't the video say made in Japan? Or is only the motor made in Japan? Someone on dootalk posted 525lbs dry which would be pretty incredible IMO. Personally I was hoping for a new 2-stroke, I have zero interest in a Sidewinder. Maybe 2017 will be the end of the line for the Apex? No reason to buy one now considering the Sidewinder is faster and the same price.

How is 525lb incredible? If poo can get 407 lbs out of an 800 mtn sled then 460-470lbs shouldn't be an out of this world number for a 4 stroke.

I just don't know what to say. Back to lurking in the shadows I guess. $16,600 msrp for the latest and greatest. Looking at some of their market share info, Yamaha is claiming that 60% of their mountain lineup is purchased in the Midwest/Atlantic region. What am I going to do with 180hp+ in the trees? LIGHT WEIGHT is where it's at. They just flat out don't care how much their sleds weigh.

Would like to talk to a somewhat local dealer that went out and tested the sidewinder. Your looking at $1000 for a factory turbo sled vs a apex. Hummmmm not to tuff of a decision. Just my 2 pennies
If you go to the Yamaha corporate site to look at any of the sleds, click on videos. In the video section is a 3 minute 17 second clip of testimonials, those are all dealers. Kip McIntyre from Pat's Motorsports in Greenland, MI is in the video...call them? There were other dealers from NY, MN, WI, and ME on there also. Watch it, and call the one closest to you.

Alot of effort on yamahas part went into the engine/clutches,the rest?Well it,s still a TRF job.Surprised to learn this engine was being developed before the handshake with arctic cat(Makes you wonder what sled this powerplant was headed for,and it wasn,t an arctic cat?)

Nice to see a new roller clutch. The button one was near indestructible. Would be nice if that design still uses all our old helixes like my hauck/lightning pro roller does. Looks like it might.

be interesting to see what the real weight is compared to a non turbo viper. I bet there isn't much difference.

Nothing I would ever buy. I was almost taken in on the new viper for a new sled. Glad I didn't after seeing all the issues. Back when I had my first viper, I had time to screw with its problems. Now I just ride, hardly,.

If you go to the Yamaha corporate site to look at any of the sleds, click on videos. In the video section is a 3 minute 17 second clip of testimonials, those are all dealers. Kip McIntyre from Pat's Motorsports in Greenland, MI is in the video...call them? There were other dealers from NY, MN, WI, and ME on there also. Watch it, and call the one closest to you.

Brownells in Easton is the guy close to me. I was thinking of driving over and talking to him. I watched all the clips so far....

. . . "This is my true love . . . I love it . . . I am going to cry if I drive it ... more . . ." LOL

Back