2007 - New Spy Pic!

80 hp for a sled thast 450 is fime. my 500 xtc never went over 100 and i loved it and it was only liek 86hp and 490 and mostlikey careid alot more liquid then the new one will. on my 500 i could keep up just fine in teh trails and were beating the 600 revs on a 660 drag.

450 is still pretty heavy. their bikes weigh in at 350. im not impressed with a weight of 450. maybe 375 i would be.

80 im guessing this thing wont hit much past 85.

any thoughts?

the bikes weigh 350 because there is a a LOT less machine there. look at any bike without fairings. there isnt a lot there. no need for all the framework of a sled as the road bikes take non of the abuse

gerard143 said:
450 is still pretty heavy. their bikes weigh in at 350. im not impressed with a weight of 450. maybe 375 i would be.

80 im guessing this thing wont hit much past 85.

any thoughts?

Your probably right.....on the trail. On ice it might hit 90. The dream-o-meter may read more than that, but the real speed is proabably ~85.

With regard to my earlier message....I meant that someone will probably fit a 3 cyl nytro or vector engine in this to see what it is capable of. Turbo charging this motor will certainly put it over 100HP...maybe even 120+.

and i could be wrong but i bet it was engineered to withstand the extra abuse of a turbo/supercharger without any ill effects....

its the lighest production sled out there right now if the weight is right. also u cant compair a bike to a sled theres alot mor compents in a sled. the lighets sled ive seen is the F5 at 455.and knowing yamie built motors theres alot u can do to get alot more HP out of it if u realy want it. there will be turbos cams chips u name it they will ahve it for this sled by the end of this year.

im just wondering if this is the rider forward debut chassis which will lead to the basis of much of there model lineup next year. ex. big motors in this chassis from the factory.

i really hope its got a whole new rear suspension.

I am just hoping the 120 is fuel injected for 07 and yamaha gives us a 2 to 4 year warranty.

yes i agree about bikes.... i own an 03 r6 and i realize there is a lot more to a sled... wishful thinking i guess.

from my experience 4 strokes can always hold up to things like super and turbo chargers a lot safer then 2 strokes can without blowing up. its just the nature and the whole more reliable factor of the 4 strokes.

i just dont wanna drop 3 grand in a turbo to get 100 horse.

looks wise and chassis wise it looks hot. i want one in blue

i just want some sort of wind protection. a decent mini winshield i hope they can fit on it and not have it look like $hit.

i ride in central ny and am about 1.5 hrs from tug hill.

around me its wide open fields then woods, wide open fields then woods. if this sled cant do just about 90 it might suck for keeping up with buds. but my main problem and complaint was always suspension. this sled should alleviate that im sure.

i mean i do love the rush of having balls, my last sled was a 01 sxr 700 and that was perfect power wise for what i like. it would be cool if this new yamaha is like that.

anyone ever heard a 4 stroke inline twin b4 though? i've heard v-twin and they sound like balls like a 4 cycle quad. i hope the inline twin sounds mean.

I agree....needs some kind of windshield. Something similar to the doo x model shields would be great for this. Guaranteed that if Yammi doesn't offer one, someone else will have it real quick.

When the hell is the new line gonna be on thier website? Is it 4:30 Eastern time or Pacific? I always thought they did it Eastern?

I just got back from the Yamaha show in downtown Mpls. I think the Phazer is going to take a little getting used to in the looks department. For those of you that have been looking for a light weight 4-stroke you're finally getting it. I'm more into trail riding, but this thing looks like it would be a blast to ride.

Oh yeah, I overheard one of the Yami guys say it sounds like a dirt bike, it looks like it will ride like one too.

Last edited:
7 30 pm eastern time is when they will be on the site or 4:30 pacific.

anyways i'm going to ride all the new 2007's on wednesday! as long as the bastadges let me! :die: I will take videos, pictures, and give you straight up reviews from a 25 yr old rider who likes to ride pretty hard. i'll give you some straight up info as to what i think of them powerwise and suspension from a mogul hammerer's perspective.

as long as i can find some moguls to hammer on the demo rides that is. i've never done demi rides idk how there set up usually.

YAMAFEST 2006

Demo Rides (10) 2007 Yamaha Sleds
February 15 & 16

All at:
CNY Power Sports
Factory Representatives
Displays
Accessories Plan to be here!

Last edited:
OOZENOZ said:
MVC%2D219F%2EJPG

That color scheme is SWEET!

It's only 3:43 Central time and they already have the category names updated, but no new sleds on there yet. Last year there was no "Trail Versatility" category. Hello Phazer! ;):D :WayCool: 4:30 Pacific Time is when they're released, I'd bet you'll be able to see them a few minutes earlier though. Maybe even 1/2 hour early. ;):D

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    15.2 KB · Views: 13
Don't forget the biggest weight differece between a bike and a snowmobile: The rear suspension/track! There's a lot of weight sitting right under your backside! You add to that the requirement for two skis with all of the associated front suspension and you will start to see where all of the extra weight comes from.

Back