2007 - New Spy Pic!

the question i have to ask is? will a electric start yamaha be able to take the bashing in snowcross,will the battery hold up,or will it even be allowed. i think this new prototype is a cool idea,taking into count 2 things make it smaller,lighter.and hp around 120-125 and i think yamaha has got something there,oh and a light weight 3cyl.or a 2cyl.

not to seem mad or anything but come on people quit whining bout its not gonna be a trail sled or it isnt gonna be traditional... thats the whole point yamaha is a creative brand and i think they have all the right to flex there creativeness and show it to everyone... just like what pooo did with the iq, whole different chassis and its the number 1 race sled out... just sit back and watch yamaha i got there backs 100%... and this talk bout targeting the freestyle group, there are actually alot of freestylers out there and you never know instead of cats and revs there might be yamis on the new slednecks/braaap movies... now that will give yamaha a rep... just dont worry so much bout all this trust me its gonna be an awesome sled! peace

if yamaha wasnt think out side teh box tehy would have the snow scoot back in the 80s wich was ahead of it time by far. also the new 4 strokes.

FreezerBurnt said:
Funny no one has mentioned the Raptor 700efi as possible base engine for this new sled

I doubt that's over 50hp, which would be fine, but some here think have this fascination with triple digits. The motor's gonna be light weight, so I think anything more than 60hp is out of the question. For a play sled, this SnoRaptor or whatever, it's torque that matters, not top end high-rev power numbers.

FlakeSnow said:
I doubt that's over 50hp, which would be fine, but some here think have this fascination with triple digits. The motor's gonna be light weight, so I think anything more than 60hp is out of the question. For a play sled, this SnoRaptor or whatever, it's torque that matters, not top end high-rev power numbers.

YFZ450 is like 42 HP so a 700 Raptor has to be more than that??

:yrules:

FlakeSnow said:

I cant see them hyping up a sled like they are with only 50hp...

Anyone who thinks the 440's actually make 115-120 is listening to the manufacturers too much. Most of them dyno around 108-109 and down around 103 on trail pump gas.

Two dyno sheets attached.

2005 ProX440 setup with less compression to run on 93 octane pump fuel

2003 ProX440 setup from the factory to run 110 octane race fuel

Attachments

• 03prox.JPG
    03prox.JPG
    85.1 KB · Views: 12
  • 05prox.JPG
    05prox.JPG
    126.7 KB · Views: 9
I stand corrected!! But back to my point, IMO if the sled is a considerably low(100 or less)HP ditchbanger(man I hope its a ditchbanger) I think they are missing the boat! Again IMO, 120Hp would be great!!

Did anyone ever consider there may be 3 or 4 new sleds coming out. Could be a old sno-scoot or sno-sport type sled, a 440 racer, a lightweight trail sled for the twisties and who knows what else. Like a few people have said. Yamaha is bold and does not mind being different. What do you think brought us to the brand in the first place. Sit back and relax, have a few beers and save some money because you know you are going to want to go out and buy whatever it is because it will be top notch.

i talked to my dealer today and all that he told me is that it is going to have a new frame and a new motor so lets hope this motor big and light weight

it looks liek tehy went abck to the aws 5 kinda dumb alse a shorter track then the128, looks too small to be a big motor sled like the thunder cat that was suspsodely coming back even tho its does say Z1 on teh side but id think ud need some more track to get teh power to teh ground. IMO its a new smaller sled like the new yamie will prolly be. seems after teh SKI poo freestyle came out theyve opened a market and im gussing this is Cats answer to it. also look how ig teh guy is compared to the sled, unless hes 6'8" i think were lookin at a smaller sleed between teh minis and a 440

440's gone

My understanding is that this is the last year for the 440 class racers. The 440 class will be dropped and changed to a 600 class. This will allow trail riders to by a race sled, in a way because there will always be race only parts out there. These things I have read in the Sledhead and Slednecks magazines, in case anyone is wondering.

Last edited:

Back