Pair of vipers go 144"

A couple of bucks said:
Which track are you thinking about. Are ya going with the Hartman rail extension? My sons turned out great!

I am going with a cobra 1.352 camoplast, what track did your son go with? This was recommeded as prefered track for what i want to do with them by track usa. My other choice was the ripsaw 1.5. Also i love the way my buddies nytros extended to 144" with track usa tip-ups turned out. He likes how they handle on the trail as well as off and i know hartmans only make straight. So im going with track usa tip-up extensions. I originaly had planned a skid swap to a mono with extensions or 05 mtn viper skids but more time and money then i wanted at this time. Per some good advise of another great member im just going to extend for now and see how i like it and go from there. As far a track they said the 1.5 was more of just a trail track and that the cobra does as well on the trails and much better off due to the lug design. Plus a lot of the guys on here really like that cobra track also. But as with anything its a matter of opinion and what ya like! LOL! The ice ripper also came highly recommened and i think thats a 1.2 lug or somthing like that. But these will be strictly trail off trail sleds now so no need for the studs. Buying another sled to keep at home for a river runner.

sleddineinar said:
How much is TracksUSA selling a 144" cobra for?

$560 and then you get a discount on the rail extensions. Shopped around a bit and they were the best price i found if buying the rail ext.

Last edited:
Well i still havent decided on a track yet so nothing new there. I was board and im really starting to get that feeling back to work on the sleds. Since i really had nothing better to do this afternoon i started working on the tunnel. Got my tunnel brackets back on, they really set off the black running boards now. Then polished the tunnel and rail. Not after a mirror cause it looks dull again 2 rides into the season but i like to start out nice and shinney! Then ill touch them up once or twice during the season with a powerball and mothers. Not too bad though. The polished aluminum against the flat black boards and polished rail looks waaaaay nice.

Attachments

• DSCF1077 (800x600).jpg
    DSCF1077 (800x600).jpg
    387.7 KB · Views: 34
  • DSCF1078 (800x600).jpg
    DSCF1078 (800x600).jpg
    359 KB · Views: 21
  • DSCF1079 (800x600).jpg
    DSCF1079 (800x600).jpg
    362.8 KB · Views: 27
Got the other side of the tunnel done. Everything is turning out real nice. Thanks for all the great comments. Filled and bled the coolant system best i could without being able to move the sled around much and not start it. Also a pick of what i did for the coolant hoses. I used 1" radiator hose and the spring coil over things at the bend. They are ment so you can shape the hose and not have it kink. They seem to work very well and should hold up just fine. Unless someone has done this before with negative results, but everything ive read says it works perfect. The hose fits nice and snug on the coolers. Only bad thing was that the hose is thicker and i had to put my grab bar in the vice and compress it just a bit to fit the hose in between the cooler tube and grab bar. Now all is good!

Attachments

• DSCF1081 (800x600).jpg
    DSCF1081 (800x600).jpg
    336.3 KB · Views: 52
  • DSCF1083 (800x600).jpg
    DSCF1083 (800x600).jpg
    380.1 KB · Views: 46
That tunnel is looking sweet!! I polished mine viper tunnel with the same stuff before I put in away. Mothers works really good on it.

Christmass In August!

I had christmass in august here over the last 2 day's. My tracks and rail ext came in yesterday, thanks to track usa. And my boss seats came in today thanks to first place. Only one that had them in stock still. No changes to come for the yamaha line of seats. Same as last year so i grabed the last 2 they had. Only thing is one came with a led tail light installed that i didnt want but ill just leave it. Im using the nytro led lights. They didnt charge me for it and im guessing they had some make up with lights for orders. As far as the track after much thought and deliberation i went with the cobra. It was a hard and well investigated process. I was worried about durability as mr sled had stated. A lot of people have no problems and some tore them up in a season. They are softer for sure. After talking with track usa (great guys and lots of personal help) and a few members here i went with the corbra over the ripsaw. Reasons that swayed me were im not running a high powered 4 stroke with lots of torque. They said my stock vipers and style of riding i do (family fun now) I wont have any durability problems. The cobra seemed to outperform the ripsaw in may ways per the people i talked to. SO we shall see. I hope i made a good choice. I will follow up as the season starts and i get some rides in. Here are some pic's. Got my track in and chain case put back in. I can see how its tight fitting a 1.5 ripsaw in even with all the guards out my 1.352 is tight with 9 tooth drivers. As far as tunnel holes i used all three methods. Some rivits, silicone and heated duct tape. Looks like it will hold fine.

Attachments

• DSCF1089 (800x600).jpg
    DSCF1089 (800x600).jpg
    384.1 KB · Views: 26
  • DSCF1088 (800x600).jpg
    DSCF1088 (800x600).jpg
    366.3 KB · Views: 31
  • DSCF1087 (800x600).jpg
    DSCF1087 (800x600).jpg
    368.7 KB · Views: 22
  • DSCF1085 (800x600).jpg
    DSCF1085 (800x600).jpg
    356.3 KB · Views: 20
  • DSCF1084 (800x600).jpg
    DSCF1084 (800x600).jpg
    380.7 KB · Views: 42
Got momma's track in today, tunnel sealed and ready for seat. Didnt get to the chain case ran out of time. Almost ready to get out the canoe around here, the flood is upon us. Wow, no rain for 4 months then its here all at once. Probably no work for the rest of the weekend heading to DTE tomorrow if the rain stops. Bare naked ladies, blues travler, big head todd and the monstors, uncle cracker. Should be a fun time.

Attachments

• DSCF1100 (800x600).jpg
    DSCF1100 (800x600).jpg
    360.5 KB · Views: 18

Back