XLV 540 144" build!

This thing is staring to look pretty kewl!

I put the skid in to see how it's going to be mounted and noticed it the front arm was too wide so I had to trim off both sides and the rear is too narrow so I'm kinda stumped on what to do there...

I figure I'll use my gps for my speedometer since the original has been removed. There's also plenty of room in the tunnel with 8 tooth drivers for 1.5" track in the future. I could switch to 7 tooth and put a bigger lug in there easily.

I put the windshield on to see where I need to cut it, it will be a low height and painted once I'm done with that.

image.jpg (102.8 KB)
image.jpg (75.8 KB)
image.jpg (78.8 KB)
image.jpg (74.7 KB)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 18
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 22
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 20
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 24
Also trying to figure out where to mount the seat..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 19
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 25
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 16
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 24
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 17
It's taking shape. I'm on hiatus from my build for a while.
What are you building?

Doood that is looking awesome!
Thanks Yooper!

Cooper0809

Take some close up pictures of the fitment of the seat.
I will be making a custom mount for the front of the seat for around the gas tank shroud and 2 posts for the rear of the seat, kinda like the RMK seats...I will definitely take pictures when the time comes.

I don't need em, besides he's too far away. Lol my buddy has a single aaen pipe on his 540 and it does sound pretty sweet!

So I put the skid in the other day and used the existing front tunnel mounting holes and the skid is too far forward by about 3". As you can see, the track is way too loose even with the track adjustment tensioner tightened all the way up....image.jpg now the rear of the skid is off the ground and I think it's because I need to make longer drop brackets and move the skid back.
.image.jpg
The centre to centre measurement from the drive shaft to the first mounting hole is around 8" on the 540, the measurement should be 11".

I'm just wondering how I should go about making the new holes...should I put the skid in place and slowly lower the tunnel over the skid to see where I should mount it? Looking for the best possible way to mount this skid all while keeping the geometry of the sled right!

any "rules of thumb" to go by when mounting a skid? Keep in mind I've never done this before! Lol any help is appreciated! Thanks guys!

So I put the skid in the other day and used the existing front tunnel mounting holes and the skid is too far forward by ~3".
The track is way too loose even with the track adjustment tensioner tightened all the way up.
I think it's because I need to make longer drop brackets and move the skid back.
The C-C measurement from the drive shaft to the first mounting hole is ~8" on the 540, I think the measurement should be ~11".
I'm just wondering how I should go about making the new holes...
Should I put the skid in place and slowly lower the tunnel over the skid to see where I should mount it ?
Looking for the best possible way to mount this skid all while keeping the geometry of the sled right !
Any "rules of thumb" to go by when mounting a skid ?
Keep in mind I've never done this before!
You must get the exact mounting positions from the skids donor sled to keep the geometry right !

All modern Yamaha sleds equiped with the ProActionPlus skid from factory used 9-Tooth ( 2,52" pitch ) drive sprockets.

Remember to take the drive sprocket diameter ( 2,52" pitch ) in account since you are using smaller drive sprockets !
* 7-T ( 2,52" pitch ) = 5.50"
* 8-T ( 2,52" pitch ) = 6.25"
* 9-T ( 2,52" pitch ) = 7.05"

Last edited:
Well I got the measurements, I'm basically just wondering about the angle of the sled on how it's going to sit....from centre to centre from drive shaft hole to first mounting hole is 11" and then from first mounting hole to rear mounting hole is 33 5/8"...am I over thinking this or do I just mount it? Anything else to take into consideration?

Back