XLV 540 144" build!

You also need the measurements from the mounting holes to top of tunnel !
x2

I got the measurements for the Pro Action Plus skid.
I'm basically just wondering about the angle of the sled on how it's going to sit ?
C-C from drive shaft to first mounting hole is 11"
C-C from first mounting hole to rear mounting hole is 33 5/8"
Am I over thinking this or do I just mount it ?
Anything else to take into consideration ?
Make an adjustable rear mounting bracket.

Drop Bracket.jpg

Last edited:
Ok, so I moved the holes back 2.5". I even moved the front mount guides back to the new hole. All went well! Now I just gotta make tunnel extension and attach that so I can move on to making those adjustable brackets! image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Ok so I mounted the front of the skid. Tightened up the track again and there's still plenty of adjustment left and the track isn't so loose...nice n tight and sitting level on the ground!
image.jpgimage.jpg
Im not going to be using the tank shroud either...no need for it. The front of the nitro seat fits better around the gas tank anyways.
image.jpg
The rear will probly sit somewhere like this. I have vise grips holding up the rear right now..then again I am making those adjustable drop brackets so I will be able to play with it a bit! Good idea whoevers it was!

Last edited:
Thanks man! I got lots more parts and 2 full rear skid suspensions if you need anything else you know where to find me! Lol

I hope you ride mostly deep snow. If not that thing is going to be a complete disappointment (at best) in the handling department if you can even stay on. Way to much rear for what the front can give to and the front's geometry is now all messed up with the rear being so high.

Looks cool.... We did the same thing with cars back in the day. Straight line and smooth roads was almost safe. Forget bumps and curves. A handful to say the least.

Good Luck

opsled

Ya this thing Is strictly for off trail riding. Right now I just have the rear clamped in that position...i don't even really know exactly how high it will sit, but It'll be around that height.

I've got the local machine shop making me up a tunnel extension...so until I get that, that's the way she sits! Lol
I think it's going to come down a bit but not much. I know the handling will be shot, but it's just for powder playin!

The Vmax 540 is totally different from the Srv/xlv 540. The vmax 540 is a liquid. Maybe a handfull of chassis parts might interchange, but not many.

Does anybody have any experience with electrical? I've installed the grips and hand warmers but not sure how to hook up the wiring...even with a drawing it's still pretty much foreign to me. I hate electrical work and I've never been good at it. Any help is appreciated guys. Thanks!

Still waiting on tunnel extension to be made, then I can carry on with this project! I still have to hook up handlebar warmers, fabricate some ski loops, rear bumper, drop brackets, and a mounting system for the seat and then it's done...I think! Lol not much left to do, but this year is flyin by! Before we know it it'll be Fall...

What a cool little light weight ditch banger. That thing would be soooo much fun around my area. Always thought a Proaction mountain lite or some other kind of Frankenstein like yours would be fun second sled. As much as my Venture is awsome it's limited by weight and size in many situations.

Just picked up the battery for the electric start & blue ATS ski skins. I finally found a guy to make my tunnel extension for me. I'll be picking that up on thanksgiving weekend. A buddy dropped off rx1 drop brackets too. Hopefully I can get this XLV finished up soon!

Back